ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Coaches Hit the Road - Bye Week

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I was able to confirm the majority of schools and cities that Penn State's coaches will traveling to Friday and Saturday. Below I mention any specific details that I know for each stop, as well as which schools and players I'm expecting each coach to check up on.

I also have a few calls out to additional contacts, so if I learn of any more visits throughout the day or later this weekend, I'll note them in this thread.

Atlanta

Both offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead and defensive back coach Terry Smith will all over Atlanta area on Friday. Most of these stops will take place during the day. I'm still trying to confirm which specific game(s) they plan to attend.

Creekside (vs. Mays - Saturday)

CB D.J. Brown - 2017
WR Khalil McClain - 2017

Harrison (vs. South Cobb - Friday)

QB Justin Fields - 2018

Lassiter (vs. Woodstock - Friday)

Saf. Derrik Allen - 2018
CB Christian Jackson - 2018

McEachern (@ Kennesaw Mountain - Friday)

CB Jaytlin Askew - 2017

North Gwinnett (@ Duluth - Friday)

CB DJ Turner - 2019

Northview (@ Cambridge - Friday)

Ath. Kyler McMichael - 2018

Woodward Academy (@ Eastside - Friday)

Ath. KJ Phillips - 2018

Westlake (@ Pebblebrook - Friday)

CB Myles Sims - 2018

Baltimore/Washington D.C.

Defensive line coach Sean Spencer will be in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area throughout the day on Friday. He'll then travel down to Fredericksburg, Va., that evening to watch defensive end Yetur Matos and Chancellor take on James Monroe.

Chancellor (@ James Monroe - Friday)

DE Yetur Matos - 2017

DeMatha (@ Gonzaga - Saturday)

DT Austin Fontaine - 2018
DE John Morgan - 2018
WR DeMarcco Hellams - 2019

McDonogh (vs. St. Frances - Friday)

DT PJ Mustipher - 2018

Northern (@ Chopticon - Friday)

OL Jaelyn Duncan - 2018

North Point (@ Leonardtown - Friday)

OL Rasheed Walker - 2018

St. John's College High (vs. Archbishop Carroll - Saturday)

LB Shane Lee - 2019

Wise (vs. Eleanor Roosevelt - Friday)

CB AJ Lytton - 2018

Eastern Pennsylvania

Both James Franklin and Josh Gattis are expected to be in the greater Philadelphia region throughout Friday. Below are some of the key prospects I expect them to check up on. I'm still trying to confirm which specific games they'll attend.

Archbishop Wood (vs. Archbishop Carroll - Friday)

WR Mark Webb - 2017
TE Kyle Pitts - 2018

Cardinal O'Hara (@ Conwell-Egan Catholic - Friday)

OL Desmond Holmes - 2017

St. Joseph's (vs. Father Judge - Friday)

RB D'Andre Swift - 2017

Central Pennsylvania

As of Wednesday, I was expecting head coach James Franklin to be at the Harrisburg vs. Central Dauphin game on Saturday. However, I confirmed Thursday evening that 2018 DE Micah Parsons will be suspended this weekend, so that may change Franklin's plans. He may decide to wait and see both Harrisburg and Central Dauphin play at a later date.

For example: since Penn State already stopped at Pittsburgh Central Catholic earlier this season, they're not allowed to see Central Catholic play in Altoona this evening. So, if PSU does go to the HBG vs. CD game this weekend, they won't be able to see Parsons play at all later in the season.

I'll try to clarify that this weekend. As for Parsons' suspension, it's certainly not a good thing to hear. As of now, it's just a one game suspension, but his head coach may decide to sit him again the following week. That's still unclear.

Western Pennsylvania

Matt Limegrover is expected to stop by Erie Cathedral Prep on Friday to check up on Bo Bauer and Juice Scruggs. I'm not expecting him to be at Prep's game Saturday, which is away, so I'm still trying to confirm where else he's headed.

Terry Smith and James Franklin stopped by multiple WPIAL programs - Beaver Falls, Pittsburgh Central Catholic, Aliquippa - earlier this year, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Limegrover heads to Ohio. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn more.

Cathedral Prep (@ St. Francis (N.Y.) - Saturday)

LB Bo Bauer - 2018
OL Juice Scruggs - 2018

Northern Virginia

Defensive coordinator Brent Pry will be in northern Virginia Friday and Saturday to check up on a few of PSU's committed players. I know he'll definitely be at Rivers' game on Saturday and I'm expecting him to be at Franklin's game on Friday. He'll stop by Lackey High School Friday afternoon to check up on LB Nathan Proctor.

Battlefield (vs. Osbourn - Friday)

LB Brailyn Franklin - 2017

Lackey (@ Great Mills - Friday)

LB Nathan Proctor - 2017

Sherando (@ Handley - Saturday)

LB Dylan Rivers - 2017

Reactions: AFRich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews