ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Chat with Ryan Snyder presented by JFQ Lending

Ryan Snyder/BWI Staff

Aug 11, 2010

- Extremely low rates

- Free $500 appraisal credit on any purchase or refinance for you or any referral sent

- Accredited Better Business Bureau member

As always, we continue to appreciate JFQ Lending for partnering with us for our weekly chats here in the Lions Den. If you haven't had a chance to catch up on this new partnership, please read about it here and, if interested in refinancing and more, don't hesitate to reach out to our business liaison, Jared Ritter - @PSU_MortgageGuy or via email at Jritter@jfqlending.com

We're 12 days out from National Signing Day. I posted notes on Monday regarding PSU's top contenders, but to rehash, I believe PSU has a real chance with both Davon Townley and George Rooks. I spoke with Rooks' father this morning to get a feel for where George stands, and he responded by saying that a commitment could come this weekend, so we'll keep an eye on that. Townley is also struggling with a commitment at the moment. I'm under the impression that he's considering Nebraska and Penn State, although our guys in Lincoln keep saying that they'd be surprised if Townley ends up with the Cornhuskers. That's a major reason why I think PSU is going to be the team for him, but without speak with player himself, it's hard to make any predictions. Right now, those are the only high school prospects that I think are realistic. Without visits, it's hard to see Austin Uke and CJ Johnson coming here. I believe Johnson has gone quiet with a few PSU coaches, too, so it feels like that's fading.

On the transfer side of things, I still believe OL Eric Wilson is the player to focus on. I was told he may be coming to Penn State to tour campus this weekend. I'm still trying to confirm that with Wilson. Also, I was told last night that Penn State has reached out to Tennessee OL Jahmir Johnson. I'm working with colleagues to get a feel for where he stands.

I'll be in and out throughout the day. Feel free to leave questions below. I'll do my best to provide answers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News