ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Ath. Gabriel Stephens recaps PSU visit, earns offer

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
- I wrote about Stephens yesterday. Penn State offered him this afternoon while on campus for his visit. Click Here to read that article

ADDED: 7:15 PM

I'm focusing on the Jr. Day list this evening, so instead of posting a full update on Stephens, I'm just going to leave some quotes here...

- On what all he saw today...

"I got to see basically everything. I toured the [Lasch Building] and they took my to the stadium. I also got to meet with Coach Franklin in his office. That's when I received the offer. But my favorite thing today was when I got to meet Saquon Barkley."

- On his conversations with Coach Franklin and Saquon Barkley

"I really liked Coach Franklin's personality a lot. He's a great guy and he cares about much more than just football. He's very humble, too, which I like. Some coaches aren't like that. When we were talking, he was telling me that he really like my athleticism. He also congratulated me on my GPA."

"I didn't get to talk to Saquon a lot, but he talked to me about my age and some things that I can do to help myself become a better player before I get to college. He was also very humble. That was one of the coolest things I've gotten to do on any visit."

- On what stood out to him and where PSU stands moving forward.

"Their stadium stood out a lot. I knew it was really big, but when you walk out of the field and look around, it's incredible. I have to make it back there for a game this season. Also, their facilities were very nice. Everything is new. Between all of that, plus the coaches and the family atmosphere they have, I could definitely see myself fitting in there. They'll definitely be in the mix with me."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News