ADVERTISEMENT

Recap + Three Takeaways: Iowa tops PSU in front of 15,967

Aug 8, 2010
Penn State held tight with heavily-favored Iowa Sunday inside a sold-out Bryce Jordan Center, but it was the Hawkeyes who pulled it out in the end, 18-12. A recap and BWI's three takeaways at the link below.

Three Takeaways
1. Iowa won, but Penn State pushed the envelope
2. Crowd played a role -- one way or the other
3. Jimmy Gulibon (133) and Garett Hammond (165) score thrilling victories

LINK: Iowa tops PSU in front of 15,967

Great writeup. Great match. Happy to see Hammond get the monkey off his back with a big win and Jimmy show some real fire and finish strong.

cael mentioned that kade was cleared only an hour before the match, what was the issue? How about Dylan and Andrew, any word? Tough injuries in the sr. year.

Moss had a knee infection.

Telford sure is a piece of work. He and Evans together seems fitting.

Originally posted by nagromth:
cael mentioned that kade was cleared only an hour before the match, what was the issue? How about Dylan and Andrew, any word? Tough injuries in the sr. year.
Yeah, some type of knee infection for Moss, like Jefe said. Almost went with Waters.

Definitely tough injuries to deal with this point of their career for Dylan and Andrew. Gotta feel for them. Dylan might be back next week, but I wouldn't count on it. Rider seems more realistic, but that's just my opinion. And as far as Andrew, I've always said that I'd be surprised if he makes it back for the postseason, but he's been working out, so you can't count him out just yet.

We need more of those BJC matches. The fact we rent the place is

absurd. The economics have to weigh in favor of having more wrestling events in the BJC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT