ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking Where We Stand with Recruits

bmw199

Apr 10, 2013
It's a slow day and another ill conceived thread got me thinking so I'll offer my opinion on where we stand with recruits based on rumors, where the coaching staff has made serious effort, offers, tweets (sometimes) and gut feeling. My categories(and their meanings) are Locks (obvious), Very good chance(we sit very well with the recruit and are either the leader or perceived leader), In the Battle(We have a good shot and are equal to others or just slightly behind), Work left to do(there is another perceived leader or little information known on recruits intentions), Have to get really lucky(small chance to little to none).

Locks:
4* OL Menet, 4* OL McGovern, 4* TE Angeline, 3* S Pryts

Very Good Chance:
4* CB Hamlin, 4* DE Betiku, 4* DT Jordan, 4* DL Dioubate, 4* DE Johnson, 4* CB McPhearson, 3* OT Fries, 3* OLB Hudson, 3* OT Niang,

In The Battle:
5* DT Gary, 4* WR Nixon, 4* OT Williams, 4* WR Diggs, 4* OG Davis, 4* OG Boudreaux, 3* DE Toney, 3* DT Panasiuk, 3* DT Colon, 4* TE Farrell

Work Left To Do:
4* ATH Fuller, 4* QB Haskins, 4* LB Ferns, 4* TE Upshur, 4* CB Rene, 3* OLB Brown, 3* OT Ball

Have To Get Really Lucky:
4* DE Smith, 4* WR Layne, 4* OT Urquidez

This is considerably better and with more star power than a list I made at about the same time last year.
This post was edited on 3/18 3:27 PM by bmw199

I think you are very optimistic. I don't think there are any locks at the moment. If I had to say one of them was a lock, it'd be Pryts. I think there is a small chance he could commit this weekend. I do agree we have a very good chance for Menet, McGovern, and Angeline.

In the very good chance category, I agree with most of the list except for Betiku. I think he will be going to UCLA. I also don't feel great about Hamlin

In the Battle, I'd move Gary AND Boudreaux to the work left to do. I'd move Toney and Colon to the very good chance.

In Work left to do, I'd move Ball to in the battle.

Nice, few I have different

I'd bump Niang, Fries, Colon, Panasiuk, maybe Nixon up 1

Id move Betiku, Gary, Haskins down 1

Would love to see Cameron Brown higher as well

Chance for a very very nice class

I kind of agonized over where to put Gary

While I don't think our chances are great of actually landing him, at this stage I don't think we are that far behind Bama or Mich, based on what's out there.

I actually have Nixon and Colon up one and moved them when I looked up how other school stood with them. I still think we are well positioned with both and are not necessarily behind anyone with them but also don't feel like there is a really good chance with either since both are out of state.

Was in Melbourne for a wedding 2 weeks ago. The folks there were from Central Florida,FSU,and Florida all thought they had a chance for Nixon. I would not put him in the Good Chance category from this talk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT