ADVERTISEMENT

Raise it!!!! The game...., the fight...., ..... 3-0 good guys.......

I don't care if Melancon's HBP rate is 20X Chapman's, when Chapman is launching 102 mph fastballs towards Cutch's head, it simply can't be compared with Melancon's 89 mph cutter.

Reactions: psualt
It was a fastball that had movement. They get those transcripts wrong all the time. I have seen homeruns that were caught on the warning track.

It was a fastball that had movement. They get those transcripts wrong all the time. I have seen homeruns that were caught on the warning track.
Can't be wrong. Clearly Watson hit Phillips with that nasty 94 mph "sinker" that he throws. The site says it so it must be true.

Chapman is not a headhunter. I have probably watched more Reds games over the course of his career than anybody on this board and I think my opinion is pretty unbiased. Shocked to see people accusing him of such. However, he does occadionaly have control issues.
Missed today's game. Will have to check out a replay later on.

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!!

What?!?!?!? "Rationally retaliate" in the 9th Inning of a 2-run game? That is what you are advocating for if you wanted a "rational retaliation" on Saturday night. Byrd got freaking hit (up near the HEAD) in the bottom of the 8th Inning last night!

Cutch gets hit with a breaking-ball today. Big deal. But everything is a big deal to the Pirates, who have led all of Major League Baseball in hits batsman (DO-ing the hitting) in each of 2013, 2014, and 2015. But fair enough. Pittsburgh definitely has a chip on their shoulder and evidently wants to be in bean-ball brawls with one team or another at all times.

The Pirates get hit more than any team in baseball. The Pirates also hit a lot of guys because of their penchant for throwing inside. It is because of that they rarely complained until teams started taking liberties with McCutchen. Blanton was not throwing at Byrd last night. There was no reason to, but the pitch was up around the head so if the Reds had retaliated last night ,or even the beginning of the game today, it would have been over. They waited until the eight inning to hit Cutch in a situation they would have been pitching around him,with first base open. You are an idiot if you don't think that was on purpose.

Reactions: bjf1984
Still haven't seen the replay but I will say this. I have been waiting all year for the Reds to have some fight to them. They've looked like a dysfunctional, mopey team all year. Sometimes the best thing for a team like that is to empty the benches and have it out.

Still haven't seen the replay but I will say this. I have been waiting all year for the Reds to have some fight to them. They've looked like a dysfunctional, mopey team all year. Sometimes the best thing for a team like that is to empty the benches and have it out.
That is true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT