ADVERTISEMENT

Raise It !!!!!!! 8-7 over the Angels... Locke with another good outing.

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Bullpen tried to blow it...... Locke had to stop the bleeding, as the Buc's hadn't won since his last start.

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
Bullpen tried to blow it...... Locke had to stop the bleeding, as the Buc's hadn't won since his last start.

As I've said before, if the pitching doesn't improve drastically this team is in real trouble. They'll be lucky to finish .500 Another terrible performance by Watson.

Locke hasnt been bad lately. Liriano is the big issue. Maybe put him on the DL and bring a bullpen guy up for a couple days, then Glasnow up for the next ten days for 2 starts. Send him back down if he doesnt throw well or keep him up until the last start before the ASG. If you keep him you can send him down for those 3 days they get off plus give him the last start after the break, those 5-8 days should keep him from super 2 status.

Locke hasnt been bad lately. Liriano is the big issue. Maybe put him on the DL and bring a bullpen guy up for a couple days, then Glasnow up for the next ten days for 2 starts. Send him back down if he doesnt throw well or keep him up until the last start before the ASG. If you keep him you can send him down for those 3 days they get off plus give him the last start after the break, those 5-8 days should keep him from super 2 status.
Taillon will be the first man up. Had another good start yesterday (so he is on the same "schedule" as Liriano)
"Super 2" is probably no more than 10 days off.......Lirianos next start, barring dramatic improvement, may be his last for a while

[BTW Bison, what you outlined, "yo-yo"ing a guy up and down - - - you can't do that. 10 day minimum on the assignment back to the minors. If not, any club could yo-yo starting pitchers with options up and down and play with extra position players]

Last edited:
Taillon will be the first man up. Had another good start yesterday (so he is on the same "schedule" as Liriano)
"Super 2" is probably no more than 10 days off.......Lirianos next start, barring dramatic improvement, may be his last for a while
Neil Huntingdon is on the pregame show every Sunday with Greg Brown, last week he said in a perfect world Taillon would stay in AAA all season. That is telling me Taillon will be the last guy up. I am starting to think Chad Kuhl will be up after Glassnow. I do think Pirates want to keep him in AAA all year according to NH.

Reactions: bison13
Yes they must stay down 10 but like I said you can work around that over the break as you get at least 3 extra days without a game. Plus I agree that Taillion is not the first up. Probably Glasnow, Kuhl then him.

Yes they must stay down 10 but like I said you can work around that over the break as you get at least 3 extra days without a game. Plus I agree that Taillion is not the first up. Probably Glasnow, Kuhl then him.
????

If they bring up a starter, it will be Taillon. Barring an injury or an emergency situation where you have to go with the guy who's "turn it is"
Taillon - IMO - is well more advanced than the other two, and I'd lay 20-1 that the club feels that way too

Raise your hand if you thought Locke would be are most consistent starter so far this season. No Barry, you don't have to participate.

Raise your hand if you thought Locke would be are most consistent starter so far this season. No Barry, you don't have to participate.
Probably 3rd - behind Cole and Niese - but, all that said, point taken.
Which is good news for Locke, bad news for the team

Seeing Locke - Finally - actually throwing strikes is a nice thing

[BTW Bison, what you outlined, "yo-yo"ing a guy up and down - - - you can't do that. 10 day minimum on the assignment back to the minors. If not, any club could yo-yo starting pitchers with options up and down and play with extra position players]

I agree that Liriano has been terrible lately, but I don't think he will be replaced in the rotation. I could see them skipping a start to work on some things. His "stuff" has been good, but he is constantly falling behind hitters, so he is not getting the chases he normally does.I will be stunned if Taillon is not the first man up. I think he is up within the next week. There is no legitimate reason to keep him in the minors any longer, other than Super 2. He is throwing 6 or 7 innings every start.I think Glasnow is ready as well but there are still some command issues with him that the Pirates can legitimately justify keeping him down for a bit longer.

Neil Huntingdon is on the pregame show every Sunday with Greg Brown, last week he said in a perfect world Taillon would stay in AAA all season. That is telling me Taillon will be the last guy up. I am starting to think Chad Kuhl will be up after Glassnow. I do think Pirates want to keep him in AAA all year according to NH.
The way I read that, it means Taillon will be the 1st one brought up. Huntingdon would also say that about Glasnow and Kuhl if they were in line to be the 1st brought up. Huntingdon is always very resistant to losing players on the roster, so he will move Nicosia to the pen and there are a couple guys there he can send back to AAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT