ADVERTISEMENT

RAIN. [insert the face here]

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
RAIN. :eek:

I am sensitive to the situation unfolding in the southeast, but the weather here in New Jersey the last few weeks has just sucked. First it was hot and brutally humid. Now it rains every day. It's like Seattle here without the scenery or the coolness factor. It just sucks.

WEATHER. :eek:

I am sensitive to the situation unfolding in the southeast, but the weather here in New Jersey the last few weeks has just sucked. First it was hot and brutally humid. Now it rains every day. It's like Seattle here without the scenery or the coolness factor. It just sucks.

What you got against Jersey scenery?
jersey4.jpg

The way it looks now, PA will get dumped on around tuesday and wednesday since the 'cane us turning due west and will curl up the Appalachia mountains. with all the rain PA has gotten, this could be scary in terms of floods. As for PSU football, we play away at Ill that Saturday so we won't use the field until tOSU.

The Sahara called. They have plenty of dry beach properly. And conversely hurricanes emanate off the Western Sahara.

So you would be opposite of those.

I could also have tea in the Sahara (with you :eek: ). However, I don't drink tea.

The northeast is a bad weather funnel cluster F. All the crap from west or south just gets snatched up by the jet stream and funneled right at us. I maintain that without nyc and Ellis island the northeast would not be as populated. I’m outa here soon.

The northeast is a bad weather funnel cluster F. All the crap from west or south just gets snatched up by the jet stream and funneled right at us. I maintain that without nyc and Ellis island the northeast would not be as populated. I’m outa here soon.

I've lived all over the U.S. The best climate I've experienced, by far, was Michigan (Detroit suburbs). Granted, I am taking some liberties in that I include earthquakes, mudslides, and wildfires in the "climate". Still, Michigan was great. The winters are long, but the Detroit area does not get as much snow as other parts of the midwest (e.g., Cleveland, Minnesota, western Michigan). No nor'easters in Michigan. Michigan is not so humid, rarely gets tornadoes, and does not gets remnants of tropical storms. Flooding in the Detroit area is rare. Good climate.

This should give you a good indicator for the MD/Baltimore area...

This month is ending as Baltimore’s wettest July in history, by far, but that’s only the beginning of the rainfall records set recently.

Through Monday, there was 16.67 inches of rain this month at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. Normal July rainfall is about 4 inches .

The total is less than 2 inches from a record for Baltimore’s single wettest month, set in August 1955, when back-to-back tropical cyclones hit the region. Though showers are possible around the region Tuesday afternoon and evening, it’s unlikely enough rain will fall to match or break the 18.35-inch record.

Here are some of the marks that have been added to Baltimore’s record books, according to the National Weather Service:

» Three daily rainfall records: 3.35 inches July 17, 4.79 inches July 21 and 4.07 inches July 24.

» The wettest two-week period on record: 16.37 inches during a stretch ending July 28. The old record was 15.93 inches during August 1955.

» The wettest July on record. The old record was 11.03 inches in 1889.

» The wettest 90-day period on record, with 29.61 inches from May 2 through July 30. The old mark was 27.01 inches for the 90 days ending Oct. 31, 2011, a period that included Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee.

» The wettest March-through-July period on record, also 29.61 inches. The old record dated to 1889, with 24.02 inches of rain.

Since then its rained pretty much every day.
Its just been a suck ass spring and summer for most of the east coast especially the PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, NC area.
Worst summer I have ever seen.

If it makes you feel any better-I just received a text from my cousin who lives in Edmonton Canada. It's snowing there.

Yikes.
But if the weather pattern doesn't break and we still continue to get all this rain we may see snowfall's like Edmonton.:(

This should give you a good indicator for the MD/Baltimore area...

This month is ending as Baltimore’s wettest July in history, by far, but that’s only the beginning of the rainfall records set recently.

Through Monday, there was 16.67 inches of rain this month at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. Normal July rainfall is about 4 inches .

The total is less than 2 inches from a record for Baltimore’s single wettest month, set in August 1955, when back-to-back tropical cyclones hit the region. Though showers are possible around the region Tuesday afternoon and evening, it’s unlikely enough rain will fall to match or break the 18.35-inch record.

Here are some of the marks that have been added to Baltimore’s record books, according to the National Weather Service:

» Three daily rainfall records: 3.35 inches July 17, 4.79 inches July 21 and 4.07 inches July 24.

» The wettest two-week period on record: 16.37 inches during a stretch ending July 28. The old record was 15.93 inches during August 1955.

» The wettest July on record. The old record was 11.03 inches in 1889.

» The wettest 90-day period on record, with 29.61 inches from May 2 through July 30. The old mark was 27.01 inches for the 90 days ending Oct. 31, 2011, a period that included Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee.

» The wettest March-through-July period on record, also 29.61 inches. The old record dated to 1889, with 24.02 inches of rain.

Since then its rained pretty much every day.
Its just been a suck ass spring and summer for most of the east coast especially the PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, NC area.
Worst summer I have ever seen.

Thanks for the data. With the rain and humidity this summer have come the mosquitoes. It's been awful.

Reactions: BBrown
I've lived all over the U.S. The best climate I've experienced, by far, was Michigan (Detroit suburbs). Granted, I am taking some liberties in that I include earthquakes, mudslides, and wildfires in the "climate". Still, Michigan was great. The winters are long, but the Detroit area does not get as much snow as other parts of the midwest (e.g., Cleveland, Minnesota, western Michigan). No nor'easters in Michigan. Michigan is not so humid, rarely gets tornadoes, and does not gets remnants of tropical storms. Flooding in the Detroit area is rare. Good climate.

I'll take my chances with San Diego.:)
Also I was stunned at how "manageable" the winters in Colorado are.
Some places are really protected by the Mountains surrounding them like Durango, CO.
Others the snow doesn't seem to stay on the roads for weeks like it does around here.
The other thing is after its done snowing the sun usually comes out. Here its pretty much 30 days of Night. :eek:

Thanks for the data. With the rain and humidity this summer have come the mosquitoes. It's been awful.

Got that right. On one of the few nice weekends here I sat on the deck and had bug spray on. Those little sons of bitches found every spot on me that didn't have bug spray. I'm talking ear lobes and elbows. I had 7 different bites on one elbow alone.:mad:

I should have put and addendum to those stats because the weekend I went up for the APP St. Game Harford County had that storm that dumped another 4-5" that Friday. That was the storm that swamped Mt. Joy with 10" of rain.
Its just been freaking unbelievable.
Can we build a water pipeline to the Western States that need water?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT