ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball QUICK RECAP: PSU suffers first setback of season in 89-77 loss to Texas A&M

Coleman was a beast but I hoped Wahab would do a better job against him.

A&M shot 60% from the floor largely because of all the layups and dominance on the boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Wahab was a beast but I hoped Wahab would do a better job against him.

A&M shot 60% from the floor largely because of all the layups and dominance on the boards.
absolutely, got killed on teh glass with 2nd chance points

I thought the team played a decent game against a good team. They led 15 minutes in and were within five with under five to play.

Considering the team is cobbled together from the portal I think they’re OK and will get better.

I thought the team played a decent game against a good team. They led 15 minutes in and were within five with under five to play.

Considering the team is cobbled together from the portal I think they’re OK and will get better.
I think there's a lot of athleticism but also some flaws. A&M had good athletes who could handle PSU's pressure defense. Overplaying the ball often leads to getting beat if you can't create a turnover. Our guards did a poor job keeping a body between A&M players and the basket. They gave up way to many layups and didn't crash the boards very well.

I'm also concerned about the absence of a 3 pt shooter. Hicks was 1-6 and is now only 26% for the season. I hope I'm wrong but the speed at this level might be too much for O'Boyle. Brown has shot well from 3 but he's not really a spot up guy and he hasn't been getting many minutes.

We'll learn a lot more after today's game vs Butler. Was A&M that good or are these weaknesses for real?

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT