ADVERTISEMENT

Question RE: Final X Training

WreslingFan0314

Jan 14, 2017
In the 2 weights where NLWC wrestlers are facing off (Dake v. Nolf & Taylor v. Brooks). how is training handled? Specifically, are the guys facing each other still training together and facing off in practices? Or do they separate in some way? Does Taylor have certain training partners and Brooks have different partners, for example? It's an interesting dynamic having 2 guys in the same room competing for a World Team spot and I was just curious what the daily routine leading up to it is like.

anyone know for sure?

Reactions: diggerpup
Dake just asked about it… joked about competing in dodge ball against Nolf

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
Nolf said they’ve trained together, the last time was before he wrestled in Croatia. Said it’s the coaches’ job to create the best room and his job to win the matches.

Nolf said they’ve trained together, the last time was before he wrestled in Croatia. Said it’s the coaches’ job to create the best room and his job to win the matches.

I know they have trained together, but my question is, if in preparation for such an event as this, if there is a point where they separate training? Maybe a month out, for example? Is it planned in a specific way or up to the wrestlers? It doesn't matter, but it's just something that crossed my curious mind.

dc comics GIF by Reflector Entertainment

I heard from a pretty good source recently that Aaron and David haven’t trained together for a long time, perhaps, since Tokyo. I doubt this includes things like lifting and dodgeball, but I doubt they've seen much of each other's technique in a while.

And yet this board freaked out at the idea that Spencer stopped training with Gilman lol.

This is the norm. Very rational approach to the problem.

And yet this board freaked out at the idea that Spencer stopped training with Gilman lol.

Afraid of showing Gilman some secret??

Whats the reasoning behind (according to some) not working out with Ayala?

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Afraid of showing Gilman some secret??

Whats the reasoning behind (according to some) not working out with Ayala?
I don't think Spencer was working out with anybody except a select few for health reasons this year, but I can't tell you for sure. I can tell you that him stopping wrestling Gilman in 2020 in the lead up to the trials was normal.

Remember when DT didn't tell Bo that he was going to miss trials to prevent Bo from cutting down to 86 and potentially winning a medal so he could sit in the finals at OTT? We had to send PD3 instead that year.

I don't think there was ill will towards Bo or anything. Guys want to win.

I heard from a pretty good source recently that Aaron and David haven’t trained together for a long time, perhaps, since Tokyo. I doubt this includes things like lifting and dodgeball, but I doubt they've seen much of each other's technique in a while.

That certainly makes sense.

Do people (not just picking on you)have to always bring up Spencer? Has he ever completed a senior freestyle tournament? Until he can show he can compete and stay healthy he is a non factor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT