ADVERTISEMENT

QUESTION FOR THE CAR GURU'S (What does this mean) when a car has a "California Special"??

Mack_Daddy

Oct 7, 2001
CALIFORNIA SPECIAL black painted hood vents, faux gas cap, performance front splitter and underhood California special strut tower brace badge, Tires: 19, Black Painted Mirror Caps, Prem Carpeted Floor Mats w/Red Contrast Stitching No logo, Unique Black Upper & Lower Grilles, tri-bar pony logo on upper grille, Wheels: 19 Ebony Black Painted Machined Alum, Black Raised Decklid Spoiler, Door Inserts, shifter boot and console lid w/red contrast stitching, Diamond Plate Aluminum Instrument Panel, unique GT/CS badge

Buddy of mine came across what appears to be a good deal on a mustang. He asked me about this CALIFORNIA SPECIAL and thought it was something to do with emissions.

Anyone know what this means?

I think it means this:

DSCN8080-web.jpg

its simply aesthetics if this is a newer mustang. If its an older one, its worth some coin. I believe it was late 60s that they came out with that. They didn't make that many so that's why its worth a bunch. Back then it was still an aesthetics thing though too for marketing but like a said they made limited number of them. Newer ones probably have the larger engine but again its just a "looks" package

Ooooo! My number one grammar pet peeve - the misuse and abuse of apostrophes. Sign me up for this SAU. The resulting fallout from the uninterested majority of people (which includes too much of the media and editors thereof) who will call me names over it be damned.... I'm doing the work of the English language!

Does "anal retentive" require a hyphen? Asking for a friend.

Probably best to find a different car for the exact reason MM II posted. If you can get the VIN and post it, I can run the warranty history to see what, if anything, has been repaired under warranty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT