ADVERTISEMENT

Question for more tutored eyes than mine: have we seen many PSU blitzes?

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
My question relates both to the number of blitzes, as well as the sophistication of the schemes. My sense is that we should be holding back on the looks shown to offenses, as well as the number and predictability of the schemes, owing to the opponents faced so far. OSU looms large on the horizon, game with IL or not on Friday. Two years ago the defense had JT Barrett looking over both of his shoulders, and he had the benefit of having some wheels, which Haskins may not. One thing is for sure, after taking care of IL on Friday (of all damn days), PSU will have to be near flawless on both sides of the ball come 9/29. I have to believe defensive pressure, some in the form of blitzes, will have to figure large in a PSU win.

My question relates both to the number of blitzes, as well as the sophistication of the schemes. My sense is that we should be holding back on the looks shown to offenses, as well as the number and predictability of the schemes, owing to the opponents faced so far. OSU looms large on the horizon, game with IL or not on Friday. Two years ago the defense had JT Barrett looking over both of his shoulders, and he had the benefit of having some wheels, which Haskins may not. One thing is for sure, after taking care of IL on Friday (of all damn days), PSU will have to be near flawless on both sides of the ball come 9/29. I have to believe defensive pressure, some in the form of blitzes, will have to figure large in a PSU win.

I don't want to get into too much OSU talk but, I'm hoping they turn Parsons loose against the bucks. They're going to have to pressure Haskins to win that game.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
Why show them when we don't need them...yet.

;)

Only blitz I remember seeing was the double corner blitz that led to a TD by Appy State. In these last 2 games, I can't recall them sending one, which is just as well because they really haven't had to.

They sent a Amani on a corner blitz Saturday from I think way out in the field. Really had no chance due to a quick throw but he did almost pick off the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT