ADVERTISEMENT

Question about the Lasch Bash

PittMan412

Jul 21, 2014
hey guys, I know I know, I'm not welcomed here, but I promise I come in peace!

I know about the lasch bash and the history with James Franklin, usually you guys get multiple commits on this day.

But has the lasch bash always been a big recruiting day, even dating back to BoB, and Joe?

I know it put you guys in a good place for a couple of prospects, but is it weird not seeing any commits? Or was it just a thing where Franklin dominated on this day more than any other PSU coach.

Just wondering because it was a day I have known to dread as a Pitt fan because usually commits are coning

It's more complicated than in previous years. We have less scholies to give, and less wins to showcase. Plus Kelly and Harbaugh are kicking everybody's asses.

I know about the lasch bash and the history with James Franklin, usually you guys get multiple commits on this day.

But has the lasch bash always been a big recruiting day, even dating back to BoB, and Joe?

I know it put you guys in a good place for a couple of prospects, but is it weird not seeing any commits? Or was it just a thing where Franklin dominated on this day more than any other PSU coach.

Just wondering because it was a day I have known to dread as a Pitt fan because usually commits are coning

I can't answer your specific questions about Lasch Bash but others will be able to. But I want to address your opening comment about you not being welcomed here. You absolutely are welcomed here. You're welcomed here even if you have a differing opinion. It's what makes the board interesting. Don't be a jerk, that's all we ask. Be a Pitt fan, not a Penn State hater and you'll come to find that we're a pretty decent group.

I can't answer your specific questions about Lasch Bash but others will be able to. But I want to address your opening comment about you not being welcomed here. You absolutely are welcomed here. You're welcomed here even if you have a differing opinion. It's what makes the board interesting. Don't be a jerk, that's all we ask. Be a Pitt fan, not a Penn State hater and you'll come to find that we're a pretty decent group.

Even better! I'm on the Pitt board and I hear stories but I'm sure they were stretched and biased lol

+1000

Madsol, I really like the way you stated Pittman's support of his team. If we would all, myself included when it comes to OhowIhate in Columbass :D, adopt that last sentence in your post, visiting the board may be better for all.
"Be a Pitt fan, not a Penn State hater...."
Supporting ones' favorite team doesn't necessarily mean being a hater of the other team.
Good Point!

OL

They always had a day like this, but I think Lasch Bash is a Franklin thing.... maybe it started with O'Brien. Don't really remember which started it, but they've had a summer program in place for years. This year's was also very successful..... announcements will be coming over the next week or two.

3 have announcement dates within the next 2 weeks. Hope that helps you.

Reactions: garw

I recall reading somewhere that last year was the FIRST time there has been a commit during the Lasch Bash weekend in the BOB & CJF era. I don't know if it was a thing in the JoePa era.

I'll see if I can't find the article.

Before you welcome him here on this board, go read some of his rhetoric on Panther Lair. He's looking for any snippets he can get to add fuel to his tales of fiction on Pitt board. Tales such as, only guys who showed interest in PSU at Lasch Bash are guys who have no other offers from legit Power 5 schools.

Reactions: PittMan412
Before you welcome him here on this board, go read some of his rhetoric on Panther Lair. He's looking for any snippets he can get to add fuel to his tales of fiction on Pitt board. Tales such as, only guys who showed interest in PSU at Lasch Bash are guys who have no other offers from legit Power 5 schools.
Kind of figured that is where he was heading. Pitt fans worrying about other schools recruits offer lists is pretty damn funny.

In fairness, there's just no excitement in following Pitt recruiting. How many 2 star linebackers from Ohio can any decent team take, anyhow?

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

I think your premise is wrong. I don't think we usually get multiple commits. As I remember some of the big weekends with JF we get the commits the weeks following the event. Did you get your info from the idiot on the Pitt board that started the PSU is trending down thread? He might want to check PSU v Pitt in head to head recruiting. PSU is about 25-5 vs Pitt the last couple years.

PSU also has less scholarships this year. There are only about 6 players from 2012 class and 8 from 2013 class and some of them still have another year after this.

He is not a Pitt fan. He is a PSU hater. Here is the last thread he started.

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/psu-on-a-downward-trend.86119/

Reactions: Ski

He is a troll. Here is a thread he started on the Pitt board.
https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/psu-on-a-downward-trend.86119/

Can you name the 3-4 PSU committs that PSU got each of the last two years?

It is usually the weeks after the big weekend they get the commits. IF PSU is trending down then what does that say about Pitt who is behind PSU in recruiting? Isn't PSU about 25-5 vs Pitt in head to head recrutiing the last few eyars.

Im not here for a fight guys. I posted my opinion on the PITT BOARD and you guys can gladly go over there and disagree with me, thats what forums are for.

Anyway, apparently my premise was wrong. Maybe I'm mis-remembering but i always thought that day was a big day for you guys. Like i said earlier, I always kinda dread this Bash because it usually leads to commits for you guys. As a Pitt fan, thats not 'hatin'... Thats just stating my views as we recruit mostly the same players

Im not here for a fight guys. I posted my opinion on the PITT BOARD and you guys can gladly go over there and disagree with me, thats what forums are for.

Anyway, apparently my premise was wrong. Maybe I'm mis-remembering but i always thought that day was a big day for you guys. Like i said earlier, I always kinda dread this Bash because it usually leads to commits for you guys. As a Pitt fan, thats not 'hatin'... Thats just stating my views as we recruit mostly the same players

Almost everyone with PSU in their handle gets banned on the Pitt board -- some posters indicating that they were banned before they ever made a post there. They don't want anyone bringing in facts that don't support their lies.

Ok then Pitt man. Looks like we'll be getting three. Two four stars and a three stars. Offers from the likes of Alabama, Florida state, va tech, Clemson, Wisconsin, etc. sorry to disappoint you, but PSU is already ahead of Pitt in recruiting this year and with the new additions PSU should be somewhere around #25 and Pitt still somewhere around #50. Go back to your circle jerk about the Tony Dorsett years, bell bottoms, and leisure suits as that was the last time you were relevant.

Reactions: joestheman
Narduzzi to Michigan State. That's your headline after the 2017 season, Pitter. Because Dantonio's only doing two more.

I don't think we had any new commits upon the end of the Lasch Bash last year, if I'm remembering correctly.

I agree with most on this thread. Everyone should be able to post on another teams boards. As long as there is no name calling or personal attacks.

It would make rivals message boards a lot better. Any fan who cries to their mods because of a difference of opinion usally doesn't know much about the game.......just my opinion

Not many Pitters have the kind of impulse control necessary for that to happen in my experience. Haven't been to their board in a while, but unless it's changed its one giant cess pool.

Reactions: jubaaltman
Like LaJolla wrote, 3 have scheduled announcement dates between now and the beginning of August. 1-3 star, 2-4 stars.

Come again? More to follow.

Not true. One of yours came here last year and made mildly insulting comments about Hack and our team. The discussion here evolved into whether equivalent comments would be tolerated on your board. I copied his post, changed "Penn State" to "Pitt" and changed "Hackenberg" to "Peterman" (or whoever it was - I had to look it up and no longer recall), and posted it on the Liar. I was banned in something like 34 minutes and am no longer permitted to even read anything posted there. It doesn't bother me but it proved the point. As far as I know, the original post is still on this board; I'll go look for it.

Last edited:
Dude I saw the thread you started in the Lair. GTFO. If that's your true opinion then don't effing come here anymore. I wish we had real mods who saw the drivel some other people post on other boards then come here and clean it up just enough to stay.

Was this meant for PittMan :(

Three 4 star commits so far following the Basch. Another possible commit in a position of need on Tuesday. Just keeping you updated.

Not true. One of yours came here last year and made mildly insulting comments about Hack and our team. The discussion here evolved into whether equivalent comments would be tolerated on your board. I copied his post, changed "Penn State" to "Pitt" and changed "Hackenberg" to "Peterman" (or whoever it was - I had to look it up and no longer recall), and posted it on the Liar. I was banned in something like 34 minutes and am no longer permitted to even read anything posted there. It doesn't bother me but it proved the point. As far as I know, the original post is still on this board; I'll go look for it.

Open a privacy or incognito window and you can read it. Same with papers that want you to pay online.

Hey PittFan, I'd like to come to your board to ask this question but I am banned. Pitt had their best season in a long time and Panther fans are bronzing Narduzzi's statue as we speak.....why has their recruiting sucked so bad this year? It appears you are competing with MAC teams for the majority of your recruits.

Reactions: john4psu
Hey PittFan, I'd like to come to your board to ask this question but I am banned. Pitt had their best season in a long time and Panther fans are bronzing Narduzzi's statue as we speak.....why has their recruiting sucked so bad this year? It appears you are competing with MAC teams for the majority of your recruits.

Would you want to play football for a head coach that is looking to leave at the first opportunity, even Rutgers? If Dantonio's heart even murmurs Narduchi will beg to go back to East Lansing. He'd pay MSU to be their head coach!

He knows he'll never beat Florida State or Clemson and Richt will have Miami back in the upper tier of the Coastal Division and Fuente will improve VT from the last few dormant Beamer years. Fedora has UNC back to the days of Mack Brown so Pitt is looking at remaining mediocre as is their MO for the 4th consecutive decade.

Every successful coach and at Pitt six wins is successful so even the mediocre head coaches they've had high-tailed it out of Oakland. They couldn't leave fast enough.

Majors to Tennessee
Sherrill to Texas A&M
Graham to Arizona State
and
Chryst to Wisconsin

Reactions: MilesBarkley

#4 from the Basch, good call on this thread BTW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT