ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Youth versus rest of NCAA?

capkrokus

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2006
I know that PSU had the 2nd youngest team in the country last year. Has the same metric been published for where they stand this year? I would assume that they are still one of the youngest teams.

I know that PSU had the 2nd youngest team in the country last year. Has the same metric been published for where they stand this year? I would assume that they are still one of the youngest teams.

Given that PSU had to play two more frosh to help at LB, we are still likely one of the youngest teams.

Good question capkrokus.

Given that PSU had to play two more frosh to help at LB, we are still likely one of the youngest teams.

Good question capkrokus.
We are young but IMO that stat can be manipulated. Yes, we have an unusually high percentage of 1st and 2nd year players. But our starters are relatively experienced. On offense Mangiro and Carter are 5th year, Gaia, Dowrey, Palmer, Laurent, Wilkerson and Lynch are 4th year, Hack is a 3 year starter. Nassib and Zettel are 5thyear, Williams,Lucas, Wartman and Johnson 4th year.

We are young but IMO that stat can be manipulated. Yes, we have an unusually high percentage of 1st and 2nd year players. But our starters are relatively experienced. On offense Mangiro and Carter are 5th year, Gaia, Dowrey, Palmer, Laurent, Wilkerson and Lynch are 4th year, Hack is a 3 year starter. Nassib and Zettel are 5thyear, Williams,Lucas, Wartman and Johnson 4th year.
I believe the stat is based on entire roster & not starters. That is the assumption that I am making.

The entire starting units:

1 senior on offense
4 on defense (including a former walk-on)

Second team;

0 seniors on offense
1 senior on defense (JuCo transfer)

The entire starting units:

1 senior on offense
4 on defense (including a former walk-on)

Second team;

0 seniors on offense
1 senior on defense (JuCo transfer)
Fair enough, we are very young. But our core players are experienced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT