ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Undrafted FA’s

Yes plenty of good players are undrafted FAs. Josh Adams undrafted, wow! Akrum Wadley, really liked him at Iowa. Calling the last pick in a seven round draft "Mr. Irrelevant" is just stupid, really grates on me. In the old 15 round draft I get it, but in a 7 round draft is just ignorant.

Yes plenty of good players are undrafted FAs. Josh Adams undrafted, wow! Akrum Wadley, really liked him at Iowa. Calling the last pick in a seven round draft "Mr. Irrelevant" is just stupid, really grates on me. In the old 15 round draft I get it, but in a 7 round draft is just ignorant.

It’s been only seven rounds since 1994, so Mr. Irrelevant has lived longer at seven rounds than in it’s longer version.

It may be stupid, but I suspect most seventh rounders would absolutely love to be the last pick and have a fun-filled week in Southern Cal celebrating!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Would you rather be the last pick in the draft or be able to be signed by any team? I don’t know the answer to this, but do undrafted free agents have a better shot of ultimately making a team because they can go anywhere?

Would you rather be the last pick in the draft or be able to be signed by any team? I don’t know the answer to this, but do undrafted free agents have a better shot of ultimately making a team because they can go anywhere?

Good question.....probably could be asked of any player drafted in the last few rounds.

There’s absolutely an advantage as an UDFA to be able to look at every team’s roster situation post-draft and make a decision on where you want to go based on that. It’s definitely benefited Haley and Mahon - not being drafted has helped both of those guys likely make a roster.

Reactions: BBrown and bison13
There’s absolutely an advantage as an UDFA to be able to look at every team’s roster situation post-draft and make a decision on where you want to go based on that. It’s definitely benefited Haley and Mahon - not being drafted has helped both of those guys likely make a roster.

Absolutely hope that after the first few picks in round 7 you dont get drafted. One of my former players was in this situation a few years ago. Didnt do much his first 3 years, graduated early and transferred. Had a good season in a defense that fit him and was a legit late round prospect with a good pro day and combine. Kind of a Koa Farmer, maybe a LB, maybe a SS, anyhow he gets drafted with 4 picks left in the draft to a team that had solid guys at his position. Got released at the end of camp and picked back up for practice squad by a team who wanted him as a FA. Had he gone with that team from the onset he may have made the active roster from camp and a whole lot more money

at one time I had heard it was better to go as an undrafted free agent. Not sure if thats true anymore or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT