ADVERTISEMENT

PSU to charge $10 parking for basketball, baseball, hockey, volleyball, wrestling

dwiz

Aug 4, 2002
Policy goes into effect this season. Basketball, hockey, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, track and field, wrestling, gymnastics and volleyball are all $10. Parking is $1/hour for fencing, cross country, swimming/diving and tennis.

Reactions: timmyjimmmy
What was it previously?

I just paid $40 to park at a f**cking preseason NFL game and still had to walk a few blocks to the stadium.

^ I know the 2 are entirely unrelated, but I'm venting.

What was it previously?

I just paid $40 to park at a f**cking preseason NFL game and still had to walk a few blocks to the stadium.

^ I know the 2 are entirely unrelated, but I'm venting.

$5 basketball and hockey. Volleyball was free. Not sure about others.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Policy goes into effect this season. Basketball, hockey, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, track and field, wrestling, gymnastics and volleyball are all $10. Parking is $1/hour for fencing, cross country, swimming/diving and tennis.

Rats, I was hoping it would be a lot higher. Hopefully they will at least charge us a seat license along with the purchase of each ticket, and require we use separate electronic devices for entry into each sport. That would motivate me a lot more to drive 400 miles and spend money for a hotel room if I want to watch a girls softball game.

$5 basketball and hockey. Volleyball was free. Not sure about others.
Also, while hockey was $5, season ticket holders received parking vouchers which could be used in lieu of the $5. I don't know if the same applied to basketball. Maybe the vouchers will be done away with.

Also, while hockey was $5, season ticket holders received parking vouchers which could be used in lieu of the $5. I don't know if the same applied to basketball. Maybe the vouchers will be done away with.
Release said paid season parking options would be announced for some sports, or something like that.

Same for basketball. You received parking passes with your season tickets.

Rats, I was hoping it would be a lot higher. Hopefully they will at least charge us a seat license along with the purchase of each ticket, and require we use separate electronic devices for entry into each sport. That would motivate me a lot more to drive 400 miles and spend money for a hotel room if I want to watch a girls softball game.
If you’re complaining about $5 or $10 parking fees, maybe you should stay home.

In fairness, Sandy does need a new big screen. With the increased budgetary pressures from NIL the money has to come from somewhere.

I normally would be inclined to say that Sandy has a FACILITY. MASTER. PLAN. o_O to pay for, but barren told her that she has an Eric Barren Grand Cathedral of The Arts (and such) to pay for.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00
I normally would be inclined to say that Sandy has a FACILITY. MASTER. PLAN. o_O to pay for, but barren told her that she has an Eric Barren Grand Cathedral of The Arts (and such) to pay for.

And wait until you see the parking fees for that! People are going to be flocking to see some coal miners lithograph from 1897 just so they can pay the parking fees. At 400,000 visitors per year that's at least a new waiting room for Sandy's office complex.

I have used the weekend and evening parking pass option in the past for Rec Hall events. I just checked with Transportation Services and they are still sold for $6.00/month. This seems like a more than reasonable workaround.

EVENING/WEEKEND PARKING PERMIT​

Visitors who regularly park on campus during evening and weekend hours for events, museum and library visits, and even those must-have Berkey Creamery stops can make their parking experience easier and less expensive by purchasing an Evening/Weekend parking permit!
For just $6 per month, the Evening/Weekend permit provides access to all faculty/staff parking areas on weekdays from 4 p.m. through 7:30 a.m. the following day and all day on Saturdays and Sundays, with the following exceptions:
  • No parking at Lot Green H (located near Hort Woods Child Care Center) until 6 p.m. on weekdays
  • No parking at the Commuter lots (Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North) between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week
  • No parking east of Bigler Road on home football Saturdays
This permit can be used to enter and exit any of the three gated parking decks (East, HUB and Nittany) simply by scanning the permit's barcode at any in-lane machine - no entry ticket required. Permit holders will only be charged a fee at these facilities if parked on weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. It's also valid for parking at most campus events, including those held at the Bryce Jordan Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Rec Hall, and Eisenhower Auditorium.
Evening/weekend permits may be purchased at the Transportation Services Office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please bring the following items:
  • Valid photo ID
  • License plate number(s) for any vehicles to be associated with the permit (permit must always be displayed when parked on campus)
  • Payment (cash, check, LionCash+, and all major credit card accepted)
For those who can't visit the office in person, please complete the Evening/Weekend permit application and mail it with a check or money order to:
Transportation Services
The Pennsylvania State University
1 Eisenhower Parking Deck
University Park, PA 16802

With the exception of graduate students enrolled in the RIDEpass program, students are not eligible to purchase the Evening/Weekend permit.
For more information, email parking@psu.edu or call 814-865-1436.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and bison13

Well, that's pretty much what Sandy's telling us guys that live 4 hours away, and have to fork out the money for gas and a hotel room, right?? You sound like a pretty good spokesman!!! Good job!!!! : ^ )

To be honest with you, the parking fees don't bother me because I never pay to park anyway. It's just one more thing, on top of this brain dead electronic device crap, that is going to make people less crazy than me not want to waste two days of their life driving back and forth to a sporting event in the middle of nowhere.

I have a hunch this electronic device entry garbage will keep a lot of people at home this year. I would be VERY surprised if we have any (people actually in the stands) sell outs this year at the Beav.

Reactions: The ticket guy
Well, that's pretty much what Sandy's telling us guys that live 4 hours away, and have to fork out the money for gas and a hotel room, right?? You sound like a pretty good spokesman!!! Good job!!!! : ^ )

To be honest with you, the parking fees don't bother me because I never pay to park anyway. It's just one more thing, on top of this brain dead electronic device crap, that is going to make people less crazy than me not want to waste two days of their life driving back and forth to a sporting event in the middle of nowhere.

I have a hunch this electronic device entry garbage will keep a lot of people at home this year. I would be VERY surprised if we have any (people actually in the stands) sell outs this year at the Beav.
How are things in the buggy whip business?

I havent gone since 2019 but did every year prior and never paid for basketball parking. When did they start changing?

No, she's saying that if you're driving from four hours away to pay $5 to park, you can now let them know in advance that you're coming and pay $5.50.

Find it hard to believe you don’t have to at least pay to park sometimes. Guess you must Uber a lot or never travel.

Find it hard to believe you don’t have to at least pay to park sometimes. Guess you must Uber a lot or never travel.

HAAA!!! No, travel down from Buffalo. Us old guys can still walk to the games. You youngins ought to try it sometime!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No more vouchers.

Die-hard? Have you looked around at a women's sporting event in the last 5 years? If die-hard means players parents; then maybe, OK.

They have to increase revenue to pay the players and maintain the giant athletic facilities infrastructure.

"TINSTAAFL"

I've said it before and I will say it again...take this opportunity to support your local small college sports.

I thought Sandy’s plan was to shower student-athletes with education.

I thought Sandy’s plan was to shower student-athletes with education.
Will Sandy have to wear swim trunks?

iu

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your Portland Cement Crack of the Week.
Don’t besmirch the Portland cement crack of the week with awarding it to a statement that wasn’t funny, or even an attempt at a joke

Why? Are Penn State fans that afraid of technology that works fine in thousands of other venues for years?

Why? Are Penn State fans that afraid of technology that works fine in thousands of other venues for years?

Have you seen our fans? Majority between the 30s probably have flip phones and print out mapquest directions to go somewhere new

• Haha
Reactions: RGWhirly
Don’t besmirch the Portland cement crack of the week with awarding it to a statement that wasn’t funny, or even an attempt at a joke
The Crack of the Week award goes to a clever retort that is both considered timely and responsive. The decision on what is clever, timely and responsive, rests with the Committee. Feel free to reach out to the Complaints Department if you have comments. You will find their offices at the end of the hall.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2

I look forward to it keeping anyone that can't handle this process, at home. It's kind of like natural selection. The conversations in State College that day will be much better.

Reactions: Nitwit
I’ve been using Electronic Tickets for years as have people all over the country to all sorts of events. It’s not rocket surgery. It’s progress. Things change. Just get with the program - it’s the new standard everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: psu1969a
I look forward to it keeping anyone that can't handle this process, at home. It's kind of like natural selection. The conversations in State College that day will be much better.

Ya, but what happens if all those people "that can't handle this process" DON'T stay at home. Your "natural selection" will become one giant fustercluck. The "conversations in State College that day" will involve some pretty nasty language and confrontations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT