ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Sports Favorites?

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
Assuming wrestling is at the top, or near the top of your favorite PSU sports (given this is a PSU wrestling forum), what OTHER sports do you attend/watch/follow? I recognize not everyone is local, and may not be able to attend, but if you actively follow, even from a distance, I'd be interested. Please keep it to two. This is both a curiosity for me, and it's possible I may be able to use the info. THANKS

I have been to Volleyball games with my daughters and football games as well

Assuming wrestling is at the top, or near the top of your favorite PSU sports (given this is a PSU wrestling forum), what OTHER sports do you attend/watch/follow? I recognize not everyone is local, and may not be able to attend, but if you actively follow, even from a distance, I'd be interested. Please keep it to two. This is both a curiosity for me, and it's possible I may be able to use the info. THANKS

Reactions: kevin310
Football and have been intending to go to hockey games for several years, it just hasn't happened yet (I'm sure its overlap with wrestling has something to do with that).

I'll eliminate football from this equation as well. I assume everyone on this forum will rank them 1 and 2 in some capacity. Other than those 2, i'd go with Men's Hoops then Women's Volleyball. Close third would be Hockey.

get pumped for football then lose interest as the subjective calls add up and new rules change the game... hockey is great live... I still like baseball but that is a different mindset.

Not counting football as others have mentioned, for me Women's volleyball. Track & Field & Cross Country also but there isn't much coverage of those so hard to follow.

Football (but less so every year, I must admit, tolerance for crowds, cost and media hype are all waning) & Men’s Gymnastics.

Reactions: JimNazium
I'm on my way there now for another electronics auction... Does that count?

Season tix for football and hockey.
SROs for wrestling + BJC.
Will catch both sexes of basketball and women's volleyball when they don't require a special trip.

It's a 3 hour drive, so I try to make the most of a weekend.

If any PSU sport is on TV, I will watch.
I follow and have been to a few field hockey games. My kid does the camp every year. Fingers crossed.

Women's volleyball and wrestling are tops (with football of course) but I watch just about anything PSU that pops up on BTN. I really enjoyed the men's lacrosse run this spring and am glad there is now a good spring PSU team.

Reactions: hlstone
Have season tics to wrestling, football and hockey. My wife loves the hockey. I love them all.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
My wife and I are both big fans of Women’s volleyball and coach Russ Rose, a true legend of the sport.

My wife could care less about wrestling and thinks that I lose my mind during Big 10s and NCAAs each year as I set up a command center with multiple devices to follow mat assignments (I even knew which mat Carlton and Pletcher were assigned) and matches.

My wife and I are both big fans of Women’s volleyball and coach Russ Rose, a true legend of the sport.

My wife could care less about wrestling and thinks that I lose my mind during Big 10s and NCAAs each year as I set up a command center with multiple devices to follow mat assignments (I even knew which mat Carlton and Pletcher were assigned) and matches.
I never pictured Carlton as much if a wrestler.
https://images.app.goo.gl/zLiXNLsUqVNqNm1aA

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I never pictured Carlton as much if a wrestler.
https://images.app.goo.gl/zLiXNLsUqVNqNm1aA
Well, once he started eating more than endive salads ...

win2018cm_SL_FTRB_Jan18Champion_HaselrigCarltonActionSixthNatlTitle_16x9.jpg

Anything but basketball. That's what the girls do while the men are wrestling:)
Care to comment, @RoarLions1 ? :rolleyes:
Of course. I love basketball, but wish Penn State was better. Maybe this year for the men, and hopefully the new women's coach can steer the Lady Lions back to the top 10.

But that's not what you were referring to with the post, was it pa? A wrestler, or wrestling fan playing basketball?? Not normal, many would say, but I bounced the ol' orange pumpkin at the IM Building and Rec Hall for most of the 41 years since college graduation. Only living out of state, and the "Sandusky rules", as we called them, prevented me from playing nearly every Sunday morning. Dang shame what has happened to access of these buildings.

the "Sandusky rules", as we called them, prevented me from playing nearly every Sunday morning. Dang shame what has happened to access of these buildings.
I can not like this post 10 or 100 times with a simple thumbs up, so my response is written that I whole heartedly agree with you a thousand times over.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT