ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Lost A Big Fan On Tuesday...And I Lost My Wife Of 45 Years.

My deepest condolences. It sounds like you at least take comfort in the end to her suffering, and the peaceful manner of her final passing. Wishing you strength and healing and grace.

My very deepest sympathy. Please know this:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Reactions: Nit Nolte
My wife has gone to her Heavenly home where she has been reunited with her dearly missed family. A 5 year victim of Parkinson's, and just this year, Parkinson's Related Dementia. And thanks to a stay in a South Hills hospital, she developed a bed sore that eventually went down into the coccyx(osteomyelitis). She was in tremendous pain, and ended up on morphine and fentanyl to control it. Luckily, she passed peacefully in her sleep, so she is now pain-free and as a person of strong faith, is where she planned to be her whole life.
While I miss her terribly, I'm glad that she is in Heaven and wouldn't want her back with me if it meant that she would be back in that pain again.
I know that she was cheering Penn State on in the victory over Illinois, and will continue to cheer for the Lions.
As husband and wife, and residents of Pa, is there any need for an attorney and/or probate? (I'm sort of piggybacking on a previous post here). There are no children involved, and I believe that I am the only beneficiary of her life insurance policies and IRA.
So while the timing is as bad as it could be for me, I am happy for her, for the above-mentioned reasons. Christmas will now always have a different memory for me. I am sad/glad and will eventually be my usual charming self(I know that she is laughing at that), and would still like to wish everyone A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from both my wife and I.

So sorry 😞
🙏

I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers. My wife had been at home on hospice care for the last month, and even with the heavy drugs, was still in great pain. On Monday night, I tucked her in, told her that I loved her and kissed her Good Night. I didn't realize that I was also kissing her GoodBye. When I came downstairs on Tuesday morning, I knew that she had passed, but although I felt grief, I also felt relief, because she had the most peaceful, beautiful look on her face...and I knew that she was in Heaven with her family once again. She had been a Lutheran school teacher and Principal, and had always done her best for her students, many of whom were of the "at risk" type. Judging from the Facebook posts from all across the country, the students loved her as much as she loved them. She was a tremendous, loving person without an unkind word for anyone...and if any of you knew me, you would be amazed. Thank you all again.

My wife has gone to her Heavenly home where she has been reunited with her dearly missed family. A 5 year victim of Parkinson's, and just this year, Parkinson's Related Dementia. And thanks to a stay in a South Hills hospital, she developed a bed sore that eventually went down into the coccyx(osteomyelitis). She was in tremendous pain, and ended up on morphine and fentanyl to control it. Luckily, she passed peacefully in her sleep, so she is now pain-free and as a person of strong faith, is where she planned to be her whole life.
While I miss her terribly, I'm glad that she is in Heaven and wouldn't want her back with me if it meant that she would be back in that pain again.
I know that she was cheering Penn State on in the victory over Illinois, and will continue to cheer for the Lions.
As husband and wife, and residents of Pa, is there any need for an attorney and/or probate? (I'm sort of piggybacking on a previous post here). There are no children involved, and I believe that I am the only beneficiary of her life insurance policies and IRA.
So while the timing is as bad as it could be for me, I am happy for her, for the above-mentioned reasons. Christmas will now always have a different memory for me. I am sad/glad and will eventually be my usual charming self(I know that she is laughing at that), and would still like to wish everyone A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from both my wife and I.
My heart just aches for you my friend. Your love of your wife comes through in your post. Words fail but know there are lots of prayers out for you and best of luck at a very difficult time

God bless you, brother.
Matthew 5:4

Reactions: furfoot
My heartfelt condolences, FF. I’ll be raising a glass in her honor this week.

I am saddened by your loss. May your dear wife find eternal peace. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.
The board is collectively never better than at times like this, when a member of our community faces the loss of a loved one, or an illness, and the outpouring of support is universal and genuine.

Very sorry to hear this, please accept our most sincere condolences.

Sorry for your loss. Keep your spirits up. My ex I married 50 yrs. ago this coming Sat. She left us in Sept. 50 yrs. seems like a drop in the bucket. That with the loss of our oldest daughter in July made '20 my worst year, not even counting the pandemic.

• Sad
Reactions: 91Joe95
Condolences from Chicago-area. May you and your family recall the good times and fond memories to get you thru these difficult days ahead. The best to you and yours.

Very sorry to hear this. You clearly had something very special to be together that long.

My sincere sympathy for your loss. My wife passed two years ago at this time and as a wise sage said “ Don’t cry
because it ended but Smile because it happened”. I remember that every day. God Bless you.

furfoot: It is REALLY tough to read your posts here but, at the same time, it is also REALLY nice to see how so many posters have rallied to express their condolences and best wishes for you. It POSITIVELY is one of the things which sets the McAndrew Board apart from any college internet Board on which I have ever posted. I am so glad that I can only add my thoughts and prayers to the multitude that have been offered before me.

Reactions: Sooner Lion
Best wishes in your time of loss. A friend of mine lost his wife in the past month.

His response was to decorate for Christmas like he never has before.....in her memory.

Have a Christmas like she would want you to have.

Reactions: psu00

My condolences and lifting you both up in prayer. Now that she is home with our Lord she is pain free and asking the Lord to wrap his arms around you to feel his grace and know that she is at peace home with our Lord.

Reactions: furfoot
Condolences, furfoot. Losing one so dear can be especially difficult at Christmas time.
I hope you are able to gather with family as best possible.

So sorry for your loss/. I took some solace posting on this Board when I lost my parents. I am hopeful this board provides you some as well.

Sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

All the best to you and you are correct that this time of year will never be the same.lost my Mom on New Year's Eve quite a few years ago and the holidays have never Been the same.Christmas with children and grandies has been great but New Years became pedestrian.

I wish you continued peace knowing your love is with the Lord. My dad passed with a heart attack at just 46 on 12/21 just 2 weeks before my wedding and his 25th anniversary. For a time it was tough over the holidays but cherish the great memories as you move forward.

Seems like the world lost a wonderful woman.

How did you two meet?

And from the description it doesn't seem like you don't need to open an estate, unless title's or deeds you aren't listed on need transferring. I would be happy to answer any legal questions if you had them, free of charge.
You can take solace, as I do, in understanding that this life is just one incantation of our journey.

Shalom

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Try to focus on the blessings of your 45 years together during this difficult time.

Sorry for your loss. Keep your spirits up. My ex I married 50 yrs. ago this coming Sat. She left us in Sept. 50 yrs. seems like a drop in the bucket. That with the loss of our oldest daughter in July made '20 my worst year, not even counting the pandemic.

Hang in there niteowlgt. You’re in the board’s thoughts and prayers too. It’s been a very rough year but this board is always a good place to vent a little or find some distraction from more difficult issues.

Last edited:
Sorry for the your loss @furfoot. Thank you for sharing your memories with the board. My father is 85 and has Parkinson’s. He’s in a good place, but it probably won’t be long. I’m just hoping he can have some time post Covid to see us all.

Take care of yourself

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT