ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PSU Hoops wing Evan Mahaffey is in the portal

giphy.gif

The last two weeks of PSU men's BBall reminds me of this scene from the movie "meatballs".

tumblr_pastpgqV0A1x2vz1vo3_400.gif

Reactions: psrurock
PSU needs to hire Rhodes and let him work the portal. You would hope he has 1-2 players in his back pocket, and can go after some of these guys from the East in the portal.
I'm honestly fine bringing in 5-8 portal guys yearly. Basketball in this era. I have no doubt he'll be able to convince some players to come here--there's tons of PT to be had.

Reactions: bison13
That Depth Chart is gonna get a lot worse quickly when the other 2 commits decommit. There won't be enough players to start a game at that point!

That Depth Chart is gonna get a lot worse quickly when the other 2 commits decommit. There won't be enough players to start a game at that point!
And we’re assuming that none of the 1k+ players that enter the portal will end up with us?

Reactions: mn78psu83
Damn. I was excited to see his progression next season. Hope we sign someone SOON, whether it’s Rhoades or not.

Id like to know who they don't think ends up at Power 5 from the 22 or 23 classes.
They probably don't mean it this way but there's a lot of quality schools outside the P5 they could go to and it isn't a bad thing. I think they're likely just trying to feel better about the guys leaving by undervaluing them. Happens all the time with football--going to happen here as well

I thought Mahaffery and Clary would make a good foundation to build on. Both impressed me in small doses, and Njie also showed some improvement in his climb up the learning curve. The thing is to get a new coach on board and hope those three give him a chance to re-recruit them.

They probably don't mean it this way but there's a lot of quality schools outside the P5 they could go to and it isn't a bad thing. I think they're likely just trying to feel better about the guys leaving by undervaluing them. Happens all the time with football--going to happen here as well
i do mean it that way

i don't think all of these guys automatically go to ND. there are only 40 min per game to go around

many of them are going to find situations where they will be showcased

I thought Mahaffery and Clary would make a good foundation to build on. Both impressed me in small doses, and Njie also showed some improvement in his climb up the learning curve. The thing is to get a new coach on board and hope those three give him a chance to re-recruit them.
I feel like Njie is going to end up being the best of the 2022 class

If it makes anyone feel better, PSU is not alone. Temple alum, but daughter is at UP and have always been an ardent PSU fan. Temple has no coach, their top 6 players are either in the portal or have been removed from the team, and their average NIL contribution per player is 5K. Who will take that head coaching job. A once proud basketball program, is in absolute shambles. Penn State's NIL contribution is much greater, they will rebound once the BOT wakes up and understands with whom they are competing. Temple is a commuter school, with no athletic support, Penn State not the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT