ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PSU Hoops collapses late, turns it over 13 times in loss at Minnesota

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
State College, Pennsylvania
Thirteen turnovers and three in the final minute and a half told the story for Penn State on Saturday night. The Nittany Lions were winners of a number of stat battles, but they just couldn't get it done when it mattered most. Minnesota's Eric Curry scored a career-high 22 points and Payton Wilson nearly grabbed a triple double.

Full recap here:

Thirteen turnovers and three in the final minute and a half told the story for Penn State on Saturday night. The Nittany Lions were winners of a number of stat battles, but they just couldn't get it done when it mattered most. Minnesota's Eric Curry scored a career-high 22 points and Payton Wilson nearly grabbed a triple double.

Full recap here:
Coach Chambers has them playing hard……., oops, just looks the same

Coaching had a lot to do with the loss.
Substitutions that broke our momentum.
Dribbling rather than passing .
Too many last second shots.
Defense what defense.

Defense what defense.
Wow. Sounds like poor execution if you ask me. I know you didn't, though.

Didn’t look like coaching. Good inbounds play to Harrar with about 1:30 left and he immediately travelled. Next series Sessoms goes too aggressive to the hoop, tries to spin and travels. Dallion Johnson with stupid touch fouls. Like don’t even let him with the continuation…tie him up!

Didn’t look like coaching. Good inbounds play to Harrar with about 1:30 left and he immediately travelled. Next series Sessoms goes too aggressive to the hoop, tries to spin and travels. Dallion Johnson with stupid touch fouls. Like don’t even let him with the continuation…tie him up!
Bottom line, Psu lost to a bad Minnesota team when they needed a win after losing to a mediocre UM team at home. They’ve played some good games, but no consistency with winning. Looks too similar to history. Love the guys, hope the coach improves, but we are not good!

Defense what defense.
Not a bad strategy against Minnesota. Our Gophers really only play 6 to 7 players. Keeping your players fresh was most likely part of the strategy.

Full recap here:
I'm still enthusiastic about the fortunes of Penn state basketball. They lost their best point guard the best defensive guard in the league and much more. I think it's amazing that Shrewsbury has them competitive even though they're losing. He's doing a great job recruiting.. We are!

Bottom line, Psu lost to a bad Minnesota team when they needed a win after losing to a mediocre UM team at home. They’ve played some good games, but no consistency with winning. Looks too similar to history. Love the guys, hope the coach improves, but we are not good!
Yep, just cannot get over the top with gutting out close games. At this point if PSU is in a tight game they basically always lose, for sure when on the road.
I know our home Iowa win is an exception and maybe NW was as well. But slim pickings.

Shrews will need to be able to pull out the close games starting next season or eventually he will be looking for a new job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT