ADVERTISEMENT

PSU AD Barbour Has Prepared Well For 2020, Pending Approval. Happy Valley Yearns

Frank Sheeran

Nov 21, 2013
Kingston, PA
Just got back to the USA after revisiting some of my favorite Euro towns and cities. Milano, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden and Berne, Switzerland.

Allen Dulles, O.S.S. Agent 110, established a base in Berne in 1942 to monitor the European WW2. Read about the ‘Rat Lines’ after the war.
You’ll be shocked — Unless, you’re well read.

To the Crisis at hand: The Penn State Athletics’ Department will loose $100 Million if there is No Football in 2020!

If Sandy’s proposed 23K Fans in Beaver Stadium Or if there are No Fans — Like the NHL or the Premier League— PSU would lose $60 to 70
Million.

The Athletic Dept. is Totally Self Supporting!
80% of their Budget Comes From Football.

Their only option — Besides Massive Cuts — Is to borrow money from the University itself — Provided that Old Main could afford to do that in the COVID Era.

Penn State faces a monumental student Housing Start on August 17 and Classes Begin August 24 — It will Be Penn State’s most challenging start ever!

In the city where I grew up
Nothing seems the same
It’s just the patterns that remain an empty shell
But, There’s A Strangeness In The Air — That You Feel To Well...

Why is every BiG 10 Hockey Rink Operating Now, But not Penn State’s? Pegula Arena is a Money Generating Facility— Completely Paid off by Terry Pegula.
I don’t believe Sandy has quashed the rink from opening, but who?

Meanwhile, many Ice Rinks in Pennsylvania are busy. Things have gotten so bad in State College that former Gold Medal Winner & Penguins’ Former GM Craig Patrick’s son, Ryan, has taken his son along with the entire youth hockey program to Altoona’s Ice Rink. To be clear, Ryan, did not initiate the move to Galactic Ice. By the way, the Penguins Sam Lafferty, was a Star Player for many years there.

Guy Gadowsky is counting on his PSU Varsity Team to be able to practice on August 17 — We Will See. And I hope that the youth hockey program can return to Pegula Arena — Before their practices begin.

Last Night The Rain Was Knocking At My Window — I Moved Across The Darkened Room And In The Lamp-Glow — I Thought I Saw Down In The Street — The Spirit of The Century — Telling Us That We’re All Standing on The ‘Border’

Finally: Happy Valley Businesses are ‘Hanging On’ — Most Likely Many Will Be Gone — If we continue to have another Abysmal Year.

Here’s an example: Rapid Transit a successful Athletics oriented shoe store for 40 years — has told his Allen Street Landlord ( State College’s Most Affluent) that his lease is over at the end of August & that he’ll only renew for 4 months —
and if sales continue to decline — it’s Game Over.

I try to help our contacts to ‘Stay Positive’ in Happy Valley — Good thing that I have ‘Connections’ — Everywhere...

CIAO

No hockey in HV? Because Penn State will not open up their facilities to anyone. Museums aren't even open. Creamery just reopened a week ago. They have locked down everything. Plus I cannot imagine other rinks being packed with the governor rolling back indoor capacity to 25 people a few weeks back. that killed our tournament schedule in HV as many had to cancel at our local facilities.

Last edited:
Ohio is now estimating between 30% and 50% bankruptcies for restaurants statewide. I've been trying to do my part...I built a new house, take out often, and even bought my new mower at a local small biz as opposed to a big box store. I hope everyone is doing the same, who can.

Reactions: Frank Sheeran
Just got back to the USA after revisiting some of my favorite Euro towns and cities. Milano, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden and Berne, Switzerland.

Allen Dulles, O.S.S. Agent 110, established a base in Berne in 1942 to monitor the European WW2. Read about the ‘Rat Lines’ after the war.

To the Crisis at hand: The Penn State Athletics’ Department will loose $100 Million if there is No Football in 2020!

If Sandy’s proposed 23K Fans in Beaver Stadium Or if there are No Fans — Like the NHL or the Premier League— PSU would lose $60 to 70
Million.

Their only option — Besides Massive Cuts — Is to borrow money from the University itself — Provided that Old Main could afford to do that in the COVID Era.

Penn State faces a monumental student Housing Start on August 17 and Classes Begin August 24 — It will Be Penn State’s most challenging start ever!

Nothing seems the same

Why is every BiG 10 Hockey Rink Operating Now, But not Penn State’s? Pegula Arena is a Money Generating Facility— Completely Paid off by Terry Pegula.

Meanwhile, many Ice Rinks in Pennsylvania are busy. Things have gotten so bad in State College that former Gold Medal Winner & Penguins’ Former GM Craig Patrick’s son, Ryan, has taken his son along with the entire youth hockey program to Altoona’s Ice Rink. To be clear, Ryan, did not initiate the move to Galactic Ice. By the way, the Penguins Sam Lafferty, was a Star Player for many years there.

Guy Gadowsky is counting on his PSU Varsity Team to be able to practice on August 17 — We Will See. And I hope that the youth hockey program can return to Pegula Arena — Before their practices begin.

Last Night The Rain Was Knocking At My Window — I Moved Across The Darkened Room And In The Lamp-Glow — I Thought I Saw Down In The Street — The Spirit of The Century — Telling Us That We’re All Standing on The ‘Border’

Finally: Happy Valley Businesses are ‘Hanging On’ — Most Likely Many Will Be Gone — If we continue to have another Abysmal Year.

Here’s an example: Rapid Transit a successful Athletics oriented shoe store for 40 years — has told his Allen Street Landlord ( State College’s Most Affluent) that his lease is over at the end of August & that he’ll only renew for 4 months —

I try to help our contacts to ‘Stay Positive’ in Happy Valley — Good thing that I have ‘Connections’ — Everywhere...

CIAO

Still waiting for the big news out of Minnesota, Frank.

CIAO

Minnesota Gophers Football Story Allegedly Will Break — 15 Players have tested Positive including star QB.

Reactions: OhioLion
PSU has been shutting out the local community ever since the Sandusky scandal. Used to be able to go into Rec Hall/IM building for pick up games. Local clubs used to be able to access the courts, pools, ice rink. Not sure how long this union thing has been at PSU but I think that has partly to do with it because it made using PSU facilities even worse to use because you had to hire them for concessions and clean up which was not affordable to the local clubs which just added onto the unwillingness of the powers to be of the facilities to work with the local clubs anymore.

Rapid Transit is a great store and customer service has always been great and they have always supported the local community. What Frank posted is true because I know they have been hurting and I hope they make it thru.

Million.

Nothing seems the same

CIAO
Shout out for the Al Stewart reference to On the Border. Love that song and album!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT