ADVERTISEMENT

Football PSU 365 Pod - Ohio State recap ... taking your questions

Do the two crybaby burps above count as actual legitimate concerns and questions for this thread?

What's happening with the run game? Are Singleton and Allen not the backs we believe or is the OL just underperforming? Or both?

In the first 6 games, a lot of complaints were made about the lack of downfield shots in the passing game. Is this designed to protect Allar or is Allar relying too heavily on check-downs? Today seemed to indicate that conservative playing calling in the first half of the season was counter productive to what we needed to be able to do to win today.

Any update on Chop Robinson?

If we lose to Michigan (if) are changes needed at that point? Understanding it won't be Franklin but is Yurich someone they might need to move on from?

Reactions: MacNit2.0
What's happening with the run game? Are Singleton and Allen not the backs we believe or is the OL just underperforming? Or both?
Jesus, maybe that outstanding OSU defense had something to do with it. Ya think? Personally, I think PSU will be fine down the road and take down Michigan at PSU.

Jesus, maybe that outstanding OSU defense had something to do with it. Ya think? Personally, I think PSU will be fine down the road and take down Michigan at PSU.
Ohio State has a great defense but our run game has been awful all year. It wasn't just today. They lack explosive plays and the numbers are inflated by late yardage against exhausted defenses who spent all day on the field and have no depth

I can't see us beating Michigan but hope you're right.

Huh? How are we going to score? Osmosis? Did you even see the QB play today?

Should we have mixed in some Beau at times? Also, I think trautwien is not impressing me with our offensive line.

Ohio State has a great defense but our run game has been awful all year. It wasn't just today. They lack explosive plays and the numbers are inflated by late yardage against exhausted defenses who spent all day on the field and have no depth

I can't see us beating Michigan but hope you're right.
Is Michigan a good team? You better believe it but it's been mentioned already that their best win so far is against Rutgers. Let's just reserve judgement until we see them play someone relevant. Their schedule has been putrid

Is Michigan a good team? You better believe it but it's been mentioned already that their best win so far is against Rutgers. Let's just reserve judgement until we see them play someone relevant. Their schedule has been putrid
I agree it has been. I feel that team is battle tested though--especially McCarthy.
And their D might be better than Ohio State. We have to make strides before we play them to have a shot IMO.
I'm not saying you're wrong I just can't see it right now. I also thought we had a legit shot to win today so I can easily be wrong again.

Change all your signs before you play Michigan. At least you have time to do it, unlike MSU. Let's see how good they are when they play an actual team with a pulse and without knowing all their signs.

I agree it has been. I feel that team is battle tested though--especially McCarthy.
And their D might be better than Ohio State. We have to make strides before we play them to have a shot IMO.
I'm not saying you're wrong I just can't see it right now. I also thought we had a legit shot to win today so I can easily be wrong again.
I think the key to the B1G is if the OSU OL line improves which they seem to be doing every week. They were lousy the first few games but seem to be getting better and better.

And I disagree as I think that PSU and OSU have better defenses than Michigan but hard to call as they've played no one. But like you, I've been totally wrong on many counts so we'll see. I actually think that PSU has a shot at winning the UM-PSU game this year

Should we have mixed in some Beau at times? Also, I think trautwien is not impressing me with our offensive line.
Yes. We damn sure should have played Pribula. Like I said that was the worst performance by a Penn State QB since Chris Ganter against Wisconsin in 04 and the numbers prove it. 12 for 31.

Change all your signs before you play Michigan. At least you have time to do it, unlike MSU. Let's see how good they are when they play an actual team with a pulse and without knowing all their signs.
😂 Signs? 😂

Our junior high quarterback can't hit the broad side of a barn on anything other than a five yard slant. 😂

Excellent.

😂 Signs? 😂

Our junior high quarterback can't hit the broad side of a barn on anything other than a five yard slant. 😂
Cmon man. Allar is going to be a BIGTIME QB down the road. Just give the kid some time. This was his first pressure packed game.

Allar played pretty tentative, forcing throws a little early. But he needs better receivers. How many times were the PSU WR's real open and Allar missed them versus all the plays where Harrison was wide open and a our local high school QB could have gotten him the ball? When PSU had close coverage the OSU QB didn't fare any better than Allar for the most part.

PSU needs some WR's with NFL talent for Allar to be successful and I didn't see any on the field today. Saunders, who seems like a tentative punt returner, came in and looked like the best WR on the roster. I'd like to see McClain get 6-8 targets a game for a few games to see what he can do, but he must not be earning it in practice.

With average WR talent a team can have a very good offense if the QB can make a few plays a game running the ball. But Allar's running ability is pretty sorry. He had some chances to make first downs today but does not have the quickness or speed to get the job done scrambling. And did he even keep it once on option plays? I didn't see it if he did.

Last edited:
Cmon man. Allar is going to be a BIGTIME QB down the road. Just give the kid some time. This was his first pressure packed game.
Lol. So you will trade us then? We give you Allar and you guys give us McCord? Mkay?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT