ADVERTISEMENT

PSU -34 vs Kent St

mcm265

Apr 2, 2014
What say you?

The number feels a bit high to me. Coming off Pitt week and the upcoming B10 schedule - this might be a closer game than expected. I'm leaning towards taking the points. I'm thinking 42-17.

Reactions: PSU&Trout
What say you?

The number feels a bit high to me. Coming off Pitt week and the upcoming B10 schedule - this might be a closer game than expected. I'm leaning towards taking the points. I'm thinking 42-17.
you make good points. The team is young on D, a let down after an emotional win, yes 34 is alot of points to cover against anyone.

Reactions: BBrown
I agree that 34 is too high. Kent State likely has a decent coach who exhibits good sportsmanship. There will be no reason for CJF to embarrass him. If Narduzzi was the Kent State coach then 34 would be too low.

What say you?

With the Illinois game on Friday, I expect a lot of backups to play and that could result in lower point production. I think the win will be by 28 or less.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
With the Illinois game on Friday, I expect a lot of backups to play and that could result in lower point production. I think the wins will be by 28 or less.
CJF won't admit it but the focus in the next two games is going to be Ohio State preparation. They will likely run a bland offense and defense and not show what they intend to emphasize against Ohio State.

What say you?

My raw number is 38.5. The game opened at 37.5 on betonline and got bet down pretty quickly.
That said, it could be a mini-sandwich spot. I would lay off the game altogether.

Reactions: mcm265
Wow 34. That's just waving a red cloth in front of the Kent State players. Kent has some good players and that will just boil their blood. Hope our men are aware.

Last edited:
CJF won't admit it but the focus in the next two games is going to be Ohio State preparation. They will likely run a bland offense and defense and not show what they intend to emphasize against Ohio State.

I don't think they can afford to run a "bland defense" They aren't good enough or experienced enough to do that.
Besides i watched the Kent St/Illinois game on replay (yea it was cond.) but Kent St. has some pretty good players. Not as many as APP St. but more than what I saw on Pitts roster.

"Bland defense"? What the Hell is a bland defense? I understand bland offense; you don't show anymore than what you have to to win.

On defense you have to do all you can to stop the competition. I don't see how this is giving any strategy to future opponents.

What say you?

265 ,you and the posters here are off base I think. I always grade high on teams that have good coaches and this guy looks good. So did the team against Illinois. And "after Pitt" let down I see a very close game and I will be most happy with a + 14 pt ending.o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT