ADVERTISEMENT

PSU 14 pt favorite over Maryland

Here's a quote from a UMD senior linebacker after Saturday's loss. This does not sound like a team with a lot left in the tank.

"“We are distraught right now at this point,” senior linebacker Tre Watson said after the game. “There is no words that can reconcile what happened to us. I’m sure you can go down the line of every guy that played in that game, they feel there’s one play that they wish they could have back. I know personally, there are several that I feel could have made the difference for the game. ... There’s no way to overcome what just happened. It’s awful. There’s no other way to put it.”
good quote. Serious hangover game coming.

Agree....but adversity can crush or it can motivate. If I am CJF, I take the ball and be VERY aggressive on offense. If PSU can get more than one TD lead, MD may just crumble. But, if we do like we did against Rutgers, and invigorate them with some success, they may just use that anger against us.

Reactions: 81b&w and BBrown
Agree...but I saw a darn good RB shred tOSU's defense Saturday. And we don't have those NFL ready guys on our team this year either.
Those NFL ready OSU defenders are ranked 125th in rushing explosiveness. PSU not great defending the run this season, but should not give up too many big running plays like OSU did.

Agree....but adversity can crush or it can motivate. If I am CJF, I take the ball and be VERY aggressive on offense. If PSU can get more than one TD lead, MD may just crumble. But, if we do like we did against Rutgers, and invigorate them with some success, they may just use that anger against us.
Anything is possible. I'm just giving the standard handicapping angle. More often than not, a team that gets crushed in that fashion does not show up the next week. The 13.5 pt spread reflects this and the LB quote reinforces it.

Those NFL ready OSU defenders are ranked 125th in rushing explosiveness. PSU not great defending the run this season, but should not give up too many big running plays like OSU did.

Anything is possible. I'm just giving the standard handicapping angle. More often than not, a team that gets crushed in that fashion does not show up the next week. The 13.5 pt spread reflects this and the LB quote reinforces it.
from your mouth make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.

Last edited:
Here's a quote from a UMD senior linebacker after Saturday's loss. This does not sound like a team with a lot left in the tank.

"“We are distraught right now at this point,” senior linebacker Tre Watson said after the game. “There is no words that can reconcile what happened to us. I’m sure you can go down the line of every guy that played in that game, they feel there’s one play that they wish they could have back. I know personally, there are several that I feel could have made the difference for the game. ... There’s no way to overcome what just happened. It’s awful. There’s no other way to put it.”
I thought THIS week was their Super Bowl. o_O

So this pretty much played out as expected....

Reactions: mn78psu83
These threads are always fun to read after the outcome. Last week against tOSU, UMD ran wild - 48 carries for 339 yards. McFarland had 21 carries for 298 yards. Hence, the worry about PSU stopping UMD's running attack. Today, UMD had 36 carries for 74 yards. Before his injury, McFarland racked up 12 yards on 6 carries with a long run of 7 yards.

Las Vegas really shytt the bed on this one. Clearly, Liar owns Hairball, they'll know better next time. What is it now? Seven in a row for Urbie?
Well, the books split the bets pretty close to 50/50 and took 10% vig, so I think they did ok. Remember, the spread is an expected average margin of victory of an infinite number of events. This was just one of the outliers.

Well, the books split the bets pretty close to 50/50 and took 10% vig, so I think they did ok. Remember, the spread is an expected average margin of victory of an infinite number of events. This was just one of the outliers.
Do you bet on both college and pro?

These threads are always fun to read after the outcome. Last week against tOSU, UMD ran wild - 48 carries for 339 yards. McFarland had 21 carries for 298 yards. Hence, the worry about PSU stopping UMD's running attack. Today, UMD had 36 carries for 74 yards. Before his injury, McFarland racked up 12 yards on 6 carries with a long run of 7 yards.

Good post my friend!!

Wow, wonder how many neanderthal heads here that are so cocksure about how inept Penn State is took the points and bet the mortgage. Boy, you lost by A LOT!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT