ADVERTISEMENT

PSA ... Ignoring a user hides any threads they created

SJP80

Sep 22, 2013
PSA:

I was not aware that ignoring a poster also hid any threads they have created. I understood when you ignored a poster, their posts in an individual thread were hidden. However, I was not aware that if you ignore a poster, any thread they created were completed hidden.

So, while the trainwreck "have you heard" thread kept popping to the top of my list, I kept checking because I could not look away from the trainwreck, but hated doing so. I blocked IB and voila, that post is no where to be found. Happiness, peace and more genuine wrestling talk.

Sorry to those who already understood this, I did not and figured I'd post for those who keep checking those crazy threads for the sensible wrestling conversations that never occur.

Yeah, worth mentioning. I generally only ignore people briefly, and wind up undoing later. In this case, it's been great, and I'm unlikely to reverse course. That particular experiment was entertaining for about 4 hours, IMO.

Reactions: SJP80
PSA:

I was not aware that ignoring a poster also hid any threads they have created. I understood when you ignored a poster, their posts in an individual thread were hidden. However, I was not aware that if you ignore a poster, any thread they created were completed hidden.

So, while the trainwreck "have you heard" thread kept popping to the top of my list, I kept checking because I could not look away from the trainwreck, but hated doing so. I blocked IB and voila, that post is no where to be found. Happiness, peace and more genuine wrestling talk.

Sorry to those who already understood this, I did not and figured I'd post for those who keep checking those crazy threads for the sensible wrestling conversations that never occur.
Why Women Kill Hero GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: dbldoofus and SJP80
PSA:

i like to keep it around. never participate, as it's 98.9% bs, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment. when i see a new one, i go immediately to the end in record time :).

Reactions: SJP80
That’s just wrong!! 🤣
I'm perfectly happy to be the butt of this long-running joke. I still tell the story to anyone who hasn't heard it, and point out that had I fallen where I used to hunt, I believe it's very possible they would have recovered my body and not me.

I have no long-term aches and pains that I can attribute to the fall, and for that, I'm grateful. For those who weren't around this board in 2020, here's what we're talking about...

I'm perfectly happy to be the butt of this long-running joke. I still tell the story to anyone who hasn't heard it, and point out that had I fallen where I used to hunt, I believe it's very possible they would have recovered my body and not me.

I have no long-term aches and pains that I can attribute to the fall, and for that, I'm grateful. For those who weren't around this board in 2020, here's what we're talking about...

No offense intended. Just saw that hilarious cover and had to share!

PSA:

Self discipline is supposed to be a pillar of the wrestling community. Just don’t read threads you don’t want to read.

Self discipline is supposed to be a pillar of the wrestling community. Just don’t read threads you don’t want to read.
I dont want it clogging up the top of the thread list, sorting thru a couple of crap threads when technology can help. Technology can be your friend.

Reactions: Ski and PASLP2
I dont want it clogging up the top of the thread list, sorting thru a couple of crap threads when technology can help. Technology can be your friend.
It's just one. I would feel the same way if IRONY were creating multiple nonsense threads per day clogging up the board, but to his credit, he has contained himself to a single thread. You can't ignore one thread at the top of the board?

It's just one. I would feel the same way if IRONY were creating multiple nonsense threads per day clogging up the board, but to his credit, he has contained himself to a single thread. You can't ignore one thread at the top of the board?
Why should he have to?

If it helped one other person great. Take your own advice and pay no attention to my post…or take my advice and ignore me. Either way, enjoy your holiday!

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT