ADVERTISEMENT

Projected BIG tournament scores

NoVa Lion

May 29, 2001
These are based on Intermat rankings and only include advancement and placement points with no adjustment for bonus points.

PSU 133
Iowa 109
tOSU 102
Neb 81
Mich 74.5
Minn 66.5
Wisc 64.5
Illinois 49
Rutg 39.5
NW 31.5
Pur 23.5
MSU 19.5
MD 11.5
Indy 0.0

When Suriano flipped it was going to go one of 2 ways.

Either

He would be the face of the program, 1st individual NC, lead them to greater heights and attract better recruits with his 'Jersey tough' motto.

Or

PSU 133
Iowa 109
tOSU 102
Neb 81
Mich 74.5
Minn 66.5
Wisc 64.5
Illinois 49
Rutg 39.5
NW 31.5
Pur 23.5
MSU 19.5
MD 11.5
Indy 0.0

Last edited:
These are based on Intermat rankings and only include advancement and placement points with no adjustment for bonus points.

PSU 133
Iowa 109
tOSU 102
Neb 81
Mich 74.5
Minn 66.5
Wisc 64.5
Illinois 49
Rutg 39.5
NW 31.5
Pur 23.5
MSU 19.5
MD 11.5
Indy 0.0
Not sure i can see nebraska over michigan, or rutgers over northwestern

Reactions: jtothemfp
We would much rather critique your rankings than do the work to compile our own. Thanks for giving us the privilege of picking them apart.
If you have a point there I am missing it unless you have released your own personal rankings for everyone to critique.
I was just saying i dont see those teams placing above the other teams thats all

Yeah, I didn't see him critiquing you Nova. Just a generalized comment.

Not why I asked. If he thinks the score would change I would like to hear why he thinks that rather than just a statement that UM would finish ahead of Nebraska with no analysis.

I'm contemplating a trip to Minneapolis for Big Tens and need some help with the schedule...last conference tournament I attended was illinois and I recall needing to rush out of the arena before the championship matches were complete in order to catch my flight. Minnesota has Session 3 scheduled to begin at 12 noon. Does anyone know if the session includes placement matches and how long it is expected to last? Thanks

I'm contemplating a trip to Minneapolis for Big Tens and need some help with the schedule...last conference tournament I attended was illinois and I recall needing to rush out of the arena before the championship matches were complete in order to catch my flight. Minnesota has Session 3 scheduled to begin at 12 noon. Does anyone know if the session includes placement matches and how long it is expected to last? Thanks

Session 3 includes everything that happens on Saturday at NCAAs plus the extra matches needed for weights where the BIG has more than 8 NCAA spots. I believe last year the finals (which the 1st, 3rd, and 5th place matches) started at 3 PM. Due to TV timeouts it will last about 3 hours, just like the NCAA finals do.

Reactions: Doak
Rutgers joined the Big Ten in 2014 so that might shed some light on why it seems more recent.

Just curious did the Rutgers hate start when Suriano left? Or did Penn St hate Rutgers prior to him leaving?
I think part of the issue is when a wrestler transfers to PSU, they have to sit out the mandatory year as called for by the NCAA and Big Ten see, Jared Cortez as example. The flip is when someone leaves PSU for another Big school and they throw the rule out the window it creates a little frustration towards the biased treatment of PSU by the BIG and NCAA.

It's not hate, it's merely playful derision (mostly). And it's been around long before the Jersey Kid transfer.
Makes sense theyre not very good in most sports for Big 10 standards so people jab at them and the transfer just added to it.

Makes sense theyre not very good in most sports for Big 10 standards so people jab at them and the transfer just added to it.

Id say it also stems from the absolutely disgusting manner in which their fans (mostly football) have treated PSU regarding the Sandusky situation. By all accounts their behavior in the first game at Rutgers following the fallout was awful

The vast majority don't have an once of hate towards any school, let alone Rutgers, and have long ago accepted Suriano leaving.
Hate is a strong word, but I will say this, there is a big difference between their wrestling and football fan bases. Most wrestling fans, especially former wrestlers, are reasonable. Their football fans, well, vile is a reasonable word for their antics.

Hate is a strong word, but I will say this, there is a big difference between their wrestling and football fan bases. Most wrestling fans, especially former wrestlers, are reasonable. Their football fans, well, vile is a reasonable word for their antics.
Good point. I "borrowed" the word from the post I was quoting.

Welcome back!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Being exposed to Rutgers football has to be a soul sucking experience, so it makes perfect sense their fans would lack any soul and appear to be without any inner light capable of shining through.

I think part of the issue is when a wrestler transfers to PSU, they have to sit out the mandatory year as called for by the NCAA and Big Ten see, Jared Cortez as example. The flip is when someone leaves PSU for another Big school and they throw the rule out the window it creates a little frustration towards the biased treatment of PSU by the BIG and NCAA.
The dual last year didn't make anyone love them more either.
Then Lewis and Ash took it to twitter.

PSU 133
Iowa 109
tOSU 102
Neb 81
Mich 74.5
Minn 66.5
Wisc 64.5
Illinois 49
Rutg 39.5
NW 31.5
Pur 23.5
MSU 19.5
MD 11.5
Indy 0.0

I don't know about you guys but this is still too close for me. I would sleep better with a 125lber in the scoring mix.....

The Scarlet Nation wrestling folks have not been shy at all about playing the Sandusky card.

BARBECUE HARDER!!!
Neighbors don’t mind the barbecuing hard because they are all nubile women.

EJ1zw-1479913858-650-lists-bosom_main_1200.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT