ADVERTISEMENT

Pribula Snaps vs OSU

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
Jake Butt on the BTN broadcast brought this up and it has been brought up here before as well. I think this is an interesting/enticing idea but concerned it also could potentially screw up Allar's and the offense's rhythm. Pribula is such a good runner and very shifty and could create issues for OSU. But OSU is not UMass so when he gets in there they will know what we want to do. Nevertheless, he is such a change of pace from Allar that it forces OSU to prepare for more potential packages.

• Haha
Reactions: psu1969a
The answer is zero. OSU will dial in on him and whoever is in the backfield the instant he sees the field and the drive will be over because he can't throw and we don't have the receivers to force good defenses into a bad numbers game.

Jake Butt on the BTN broadcast brought this up and it has been brought up here before as well. I think this is an interesting/enticing idea but concerned it also could potentially screw up Allar's and the offense's rhythm. Pribula is such a good runner and very shifty and could create issues for OSU. But OSU is not UMass so when he gets in there they will know what we want to do. Nevertheless, he is such a change of pace from Allar that it forces OSU to prepare for more potential packages.

Beat OSU and Michigan anyway possible. Then win the BiG title, using the same method. Rinse and repeat.

Beat OSU and Michigan anyway possible. Then win the BiG title, using the same method. Rinse and repeat.
Won't need the same method in the B1G championship game. That whole division is PATHETIC.

The answer is zero. OSU will dial in on him and whoever is in the backfield the instant he sees the field and the drive will be over because he can't throw and we don't have the receivers to force good defenses into a bad numbers game.

I seem to remember Levis coming into the game and running Zone Read with Journey Brown vs OSU in '19 successfully.

I don't think we do it, but I'm not certain that the Buckeyes stop it so easily out the gate.

I seem to remember Levis coming into the game and running Zone Read with Journey Brown vs OSU in '19 successfully.

I don't think we do it, but I'm not certain that the Buckeyes stop it so easily out the gate.
Maybe, but then it turned into Levis being a glorified fullback. Plus it seemed disruptive to the flow of the offense at times.

I don't think it would be good for either current QB.

Maybe, but then it turned into Levis being a glorified fullback. Plus it seemed disruptive to the flow of the offense at times.

Agreed. If we wanted to do it, I think Illinois was the game to test the waters. They were shown on film to be susceptible to a mobile QB. That time has passed.

yeah, and then OSU forced us to have Levis throw, and the game was over

Ula is fun to watch!

The last thing the Penn State offense needs is a Levis 2.0 version, which is what Pribula seems to be so far. Way too predictable.

Absolutely a bad idea. They have lots of film on him and will be prepped.

Really bad…. Unless……Yurcich’s chess game has been to show Beau all year as a runner when he is actually a very good passer. Been wondering that since he never threw Saturday. In high school he was a very good passer.

If he comes in and throws a few big passes be prepared for a big I Told You So. If he throws a pic six or stinks I will delete this and deny it perpetually 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT