ADVERTISEMENT

Potentially one of the biggest developments in the history of the football program happened last weekend…

PsuD1

Gold Member
Dec 6, 2020
Franklin had a NIL related breakfast with Terry Pegula on Sunday morning, and the early feedback suggests CJF made a HUGE impre$$ion.

Getting Pegula to dish out millions towards the football program’s NIL fund would be a total program-changer. Like, it cannot be overstated how massive that would be.

Stay Tuned….

Shoutout to Happy Valley United for all their hard work!

Last edited:
I love the news, as this is the name of the game in 2024 to compete at the top, but just think about how horrible the head coach job is nowadays. He’s currently re-recruiting much of his roster due to NIL / transfer portal, recruiting transfers from other schools, and begging donors for money - all in April. It seems like increasingly the coordinators run the show and the head coach is more of a CEO in college football.

Can the money go to assistant coaches? I think that is where we need to focus. Getting a quality OC and DC consistently.

We will never have enough talent to win on talent alone.

I love the news, as this is the name of the game in 2024 to compete at the top, but just think about how horrible the head coach job is nowadays. He’s currently re-recruiting much of his roster due to NIL / transfer portal, recruiting transfers from other schools, and begging donors for money - all in April. It seems like increasingly the coordinators run the show and the head coach is more of a CEO in college football.

Maybe we should focus on great coordinators and have some future coordinators on the depth chart.

Can the money go to assistant coaches? I think that is where we need to focus. Getting a quality OC and DC consistently.

We will never have enough talent to win on talent alone.
Money for coordinators is not an issue with Kraft running the show. Penn State is now able to pay market-value for their coordinators, something that didn’t happen under Sandy Barbour.

Franklin had a NIL related breakfast with Terry Pegula on Sunday morning, and the early feedback suggests CJF made a HUGE impre$$ion.

Getting Pegula to dish out millions towards the football program’s NIL fund would be a total program-changer. Like, it cannot be overstated how massive that would be.

Stay Tuned….

Shoutout to Happy Valley United for all their hard work!
You know how this post is real? It comes from someone who I have never heard of in this board 😂. Great GREAT NEWS.

And there's not a damn thing Jay and Lubrano can do about it. That's maybe the best thing.

Reactions: BOSCO2
You know how this post is real? It comes from someone who I have never heard of in this board 😂. Great GREAT NEWS.

And there's not a damn thing Jay and Lubrano can do about it. That's maybe the best thing.
You're suggesting that Jay and Lubrano don't want Pegula to donate to PSU's NIL?

Maybe we should focus on great coordinators and have some future coordinators on the depth chart.
I think we have done a good job with the new coordinator hires. I do not think OSU, Georgia, Bama, etc have historically built a bench. It’s largely hiring current successful coordinators or rehabbing head coaches careers (look at Manny or Tom Allen here or the various coaches that went through Bama over the last 10 years.)

You're suggesting that Jay and Lubrano don't want Pegula to donate to PSU's NIL?
Think he's inferring that since Jay and Lubrano aren't in favor of handing Franklin a blank check, then it had to mean that they want him to fail.

Reactions: bdroc
It also goes to show how important his assistant coaches roles are,, many rolled their eyes about Franklin’s comments of being a “ CEO”.. but that is what he game has turned into., hire great coordinators.. and as Head Coach.. promote the program , drive revenue is NIL.. connect with Alumni and future prospects.. Onhate this part of the game.. but we will never go back to the old days.,. Ohio State better win a Natty this year with the money they are dealing out.. if not.. frankly a failure and Day should be gone.. especially with the talent he collects either through early commitments.. or money in the portal..

Yeah I’m sure Jay and Lubrano want the program to fail. Geez what an idiotic post.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Let's just say, ..........I'm ok with James just being a CEO and letting coordinators coach.

Gimmie, Gimmie, Jimmie is what it’s all about. Franklin has to do a better job on the donors than what he’s done in the past. He needs to focus his recruiting on that and let the coaches do the heavy lifting with kids and their families. I know one thing, TP is happy Barron/Barbour and that kabal is gone. They may have been worse for PSU than the scandal!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT