ADVERTISEMENT

Potato chips of the world NOT sold here article. You got a favorite?

I prefer plain old chips, but they should be PA made. No Lays or flavored chips allowed. Maybe a Middleswarth bbq from time to time.
No flavored for me either. I like lays though, hard to get Pa made around here easily. I like Cape Cod kettle chips.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Middleswarth BBQ...after that it's just a battle for second.
I worked in eastern PA years ago and that was the first time I'd ever heard of or eaten Middleswarth chips. I thought they were awesome. BBQ or plain. It didn't matter. I think it was because they weren't as greasy as many others. I moved back to western PA and don't see Middleswarth very often. Whenever I see them in a store I buy them whether or not I'm in the mood for chips. I figure I can always eat them later.

I worked in eastern PA years ago and that was the first time I'd ever heard of or eaten Middleswarth chips. I thought they were awesome. BBQ or plain. It didn't matter. I think it was because they weren't as greasy as many others. I moved back to western PA and don't see Middleswarth very often. Whenever I see them in a store I buy them whether or not I'm in the mood for chips. I figure I can always eat them later.
With potato chips....like ice cream.....there is no ‘later’.🥰😜

I miss good old Troyer Farm plain potato chips, the kind in the circular box with the two clear bags.
Troyer Farms BBQ we’re my favorites. As a side note, I used to date the daughter of the owner of Troyer Farms. I didn’t plan ahead very well when I let that one get away.

Reactions: TheGLOV
No flavored for me either. I like lays though, hard to get Pa made around here easily. I like Cape Cod kettle chips.

if you are really jonesing

Middleswarth BBQ...after that it's just a battle for second.
Correct!!! And the Middie Sour cream and onion gets that second place. Cape Cod Old Bay gets a bronze...Had a bag of the Old Bay on the golf course yesterday...

I prefer plain old chips, but they should be PA made. No Lays or flavored chips allowed. Maybe a Middleswarth bbq from time to time.
When I was a kid there was a company called Senft that made chips. I kiked them because they weren't as oily as UTZ, Bon Ton, Charles Chips, etc.

Reactions: vops and TheGLOV
None of those sound very good.

I've had multiple varieties of "buffalo wing" flavored snacks and they aren't great.

I've had some varieties of cookies from Australia and Asia that are pretty good, but have otherwise been unimpressed with the international snack options. Fat Americans know what we are doing in that particular arena ;-)

The Weekender bag.
No man, the tub all the way
1519932844214-41693120_b3bc6557f0_b.jpeg

Use to take tubs of middlesworth on the plane ride to FL when my cousin and her first husband moved down there. Along with Delgrosso sauce and the occasional duffle bag full of potatoes from the family farm

Back in the day when it was Bland's park I thought the best thing about Delgrosso's sauce was the price (was great on the parks small pizza though).

Nowadays I can roll into a Publix and grab a jar of their sauce for $8 but it's only the premium ones and it's not the same. I guess I do miss the plain stuff in metal cans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT