ADVERTISEMENT

Post Gazette's Joe Starkey: Penn State positively lapping Pitt as a football program

But, but... they had little key tags made last year!

But seriously, Starkey.... "lapping", as in it is currently/recently happening? I think this has been the case for about 50 years now, with a few individual season exceptions here and there. Lapped, as in 40 laps ahead in a 50 lap race, I guess.

Even West Virginia has been pretty far ahead of them more often than not. They need to compare their football program to Temple and Cincinnati and Louisville and other general area (eastern mid-west) city schools. They are far more an American Conference quality in football than ACC.

Only in the minds of the Pittsburgh media did anyone think Pitt was gonna surpass penn state as a football program. This is the problem with media. They Can’t report a singular game or event anymore. They have to sensationalize everything. A 3 point win means Narduzzi has and WILL have the better program. That’s how Pittsburgh media folk think. On the PSU side, we see the recruiting classes just beginning to filter through and know that the program is on an upward trajectory. At least some of us do.

They can't be talking about Pat Narduzzi. He told us he only goes high. Clearly the Narduzzi in this article was trying to go low. So it can't be the same guy :)

Narduzzi's philosophy....

Takingthehighroad_20140314jpg

I thought it was a decent article. And the radio guys believe it or not (Cook and Poni), agreed with it. The moral of the story is, Nardookie should worry about his own team and this petty nonsense just makes him look stupid.

The narrative I am getting sick of, and I don't know why it keeps getting repeated is the "Dominate the State" comment. Franklin simply said that in order for Penn State to get back to where it was, they need to "Dominate the State" in recruiting......... isn't that pretty much a true statement? What's the big deal? How is Penn State going to be competitive if they lose all the best in State kids to Pitt, Temple, or even Ohio State for that matter? He never just flat out said "We are going to dominate the State". Completely spun around and blown out of proportion.

Reactions: blk902
I thought it was a decent article. And the radio guys believe it or not (Cook and Poni), agreed with it. The moral of the story is, Nardookie should worry about his own team and this petty nonsense just makes him look stupid.

The narrative I am getting sick of, and I don't know why it keeps getting repeated is the "Dominate the State" comment. Franklin simply said that in order for Penn State to get back to where it was, they need to "Dominate the State" in recruiting......... isn't that pretty much a true statement? What's the big deal? How is Penn State going to be competitive if they lose all the best in State kids to Pitt, Temple, or even Ohio State for that matter? He never just flat out said "We are going to dominate the State". Completely spun around and blown out of proportion.

8_1221588.jpg

that's how winners think

Reactions: pandaczar12

He's doing what he said he was going to do. From the moment Franklin got there they have been scared to death of him in Pittsburgh. Also, let's not forget the players that ND has taken out of PA.

Narduzzi is a jealous, resentful little man. Expect nothing better from him.

He's the next Foge Fazio at Pitt. Great defensive coordinator, lousy head coach. Can't recruit either.
He learned from the best, Danphonio at msu. If he smiled his face would crack. Still remember him calling two timeouts while down by 20+ in the last min. of the game in freezing weather just to pout.

That was a boring article.

I agree....but some of the comments are a real hoot.
Anything in the Pittsburgh papers that make PSU look even a little better than Pitt really grinds the gears of some of these Pitt fans.
I imagine it left Mr. Narduzzi spittin' and sputterin' a bit, too. He probably on the verge of firing off some "Hail to Pat" tweets.

That tweet on Saturday was really pathetic. It reminds me of the petty UF and FSU fans in my office on Monday morning prancing around like they won the Superbowl now that my team isn't on top anymore. Like they haven't all had their time while I was humiliated the last 6 years.

I'm going to enjoy every minute of the pitt coach's slow decent into madness and unemployment.

Lmao. Pitters are starting to get a little desperate. Not sure if they realize football hasn't been close to one of our best programs in recent years.

Oh that’s precious. He must be forgetting we care way more about women’s volleyball. I mean - football is probably the third or fourth most successful sport at Penn State.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
That tweet on Saturday was really pathetic. It reminds me of the petty UF and FSU fans in my office on Monday morning prancing around like they won the Superbowl now that my team isn't on top anymore. Like they haven't all had their time while I was humiliated the last 6 years.

I'm going to enjoy every minute of the pitt coach's slow decent into madness and unemployment.
just ask them where uf & fsu are. that should shut them up :).

just ask them where uf & fsu are. that should shut them up :).

They know what's up, that's why they're so happy. Man, freaking USF lost this weekend too. That sucked; I like them. They have a really fun team, except for the penalties. And to houston of all teams. I won't go into my thoughts on houston, but I am sure others here feel the same.

Pitt football is mediocre at best. Why should it be any different? You pay a head coach about a quarter of what elite coaches are paid. Hence, you get a mediocre head coach. You are unwilling to build and maintain a stadium....therefore your attendance is pathetic. With terrible attendance and game day atmosphere......recruiting consistently matches the other aspects of the program....mediocre.

When you start worrying more about what other teams are doing than your own, your program is basically in the crapper. i.e. UF and FSU.

Reactions: pandaczar12
When you start worrying more about what other teams are doing than your own, your program is basically in the crapper. i.e. UF and FSU.

The ASWPer chimes in with typical ASWP moron-esque! Given that PSU is one of the winningest teams of all time with arguably the best Major and Overall Bowl Record of all time, your claim is nonsensical and laughable. So in your pea-brain, ASWP is comparable to FSU and PSU is comparable to Florida on a national level in regards to PA intra-state programs??? ROTGLMFAO, you ASWPers are too much...hysterical !

The ASWPer chimes in with typical ASWP moron-esque! Given that PSU is one of the winningest teams of all time with arguably the best Major and Overall Bowl Record of all time, your claim is nonsensical and laughable. So in your pea-brain, ASWP is comparable to FSU and PSU is comparable to Florida on a national level in regards to PA intra-state programs??? ROTGLMFAO, you ASWPers are too much...hysterical !

I'm not even sure what this rambling crap is supposed to mean, but I'm talking about Narduzzi's comment........ .

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
I'm not even sure what this rambling crap is supposed to mean, but I'm talking about Narduzzi's comment........ .

Again, bwaaaaaa, haaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaa.....ROTFLMFAO, you compared ASWP to F$U in a comparison of PSU fans talking about how bad ASWP is to a Florida fan ripping on the season F$U is having!!! Don't deny it PITTiot, just own it. Only a complete moron ASWPer could make such an inane comparison in an attempt to flame PSU fans on a PSU board.

Again, bwaaaaaa, haaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaa.....ROTFLMFAO, you compared ASWP to F$U in a comparison of PSU fans talking about how bad ASWP is to a Florida fan ripping on the season F$U is having!!! Don't deny it PITTiot, just own it. Only a complete moron ASWPer could make such an inane comparison in an attempt to flame PSU fans on a PSU board.

You my friend, are a moron. Let me walk you through my simple statement like I would my 8 year old:

From my quote above:

When you (Nardoozie) start worrying more about what other teams are doing than your own (with the H2P tweet), your program (Pitt) is basically in the crapper. i.e. UF and FSU (and hence Pitt- since I was commenting on a guy who said where he lived, the UF and FSU fans were gloating).

So in summary- Pitt's program is in the crapper if that's all Nardoozie has. And you are an idiot.

You my friend, are a moron. Let me walk you through my simple statement like I would my 8 year old:

From my quote above:

When you (Nardoozie) start worrying more about what other teams are doing than your own (with the H2P tweet), your program (Pitt) is basically in the crapper. i.e. UF and FSU (and hence Pitt- since I was commenting on a guy who said where he lived, the UF and FSU fans were gloating).

So in summary- Pitt's program is in the crapper if that's all Nardoozie has. And you are an idiot.
I feel your pain - I am not sure how that guy got out of your post you were dissing PSU - he seems like a Liar poster who finds a "Nitter" under every rock.

From my quote above:

Nice try lame-0, but this is what you posted:

The nonsensical inanity that you posted about how you speak to your 8 year old doesn't change what you posted lame-0. Your statement clearly implies that ASWP has enjoyed success similar to UF and FSU (or PSU for that matter) over the last several decades. ASWP has not fallen on hard times recently and into "the crapper", ASWP has been in "the crapper" for decades since Foge Fazio took over as coach in 1982 after PSU exposed ASWP as a laughable #1 in the memorable 1981 game @ASWP by shellacking them 48-14! ASWP's record since 1981 through last year was 213-199-6, #60 in the nation in all of DIA, and they finished ranked only a handful of times over the span (PSU's record over the span was 299-130-2 -- 9th best in the Country among P5 Conference schools over the span and slightly better than #10 Alabama who was 293-128-1. BTW, UF was #6 on that list at 319-115-4 and FSU had the best record in the nation of "Major Programs" at 332-95-4.).

ASWP has always been in the crapper, they didn't just fall on hard times recently like UF and FSU.....and to insinuate such and compare ASWP to UF and FSU is beyond laughable, which you clearly are dip$hit.

Nice try lame-0, but this is what you posted:

The nonsensical inanity that you posted about how you speak to your 8 year old doesn't change what you posted lame-0. Your statement clearly implies that ASWP has enjoyed success similar to UF and FSU (or PSU for that matter) over the last several decades. ASWP has not fallen on hard times recently and into "the crapper", ASWP has been in "the crapper" for decades since Foge Fazio took over as coach in 1982 after PSU exposed ASWP as a laughable #1 in the memorable 1981 game @ASWP by shellacking them 48-14! ASWP's record since 1981 through last year was 213-199-6, #60 in the nation in all of DIA, and they finished ranked only a handful of times over the span (PSU's record over the span was 299-130-2 -- 9th best in the Country among P5 Conference schools over the span and slightly better than #10 Alabama who was 293-128-1. BTW, UF was #6 on that list at 319-115-4 and FSU had the best record in the nation of "Major Programs" at 332-95-4.).

ASWP has always been in the crapper, they didn't just fall on hard times recently like UF and FSU.....and to insinuate such and compare ASWP to UF and FSU is beyond laughable, which you clearly are dip$hit.

Why can’t you take a hint.

Hennnnhhhhh, Hennnnnnnhhhhhh, He said "inane".....
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT