ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Offers

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
Don't follow the names as closely as many others. Saw a list of PSU portal offers yet few are selecting PSU. Thoughts on why?

Where is the list?
Saw list on a Penn State site, free board
I agree with NIL $$$, saw Miami is buying kids, both levels and of course TAMU. I don't think kids are rejecting because of Franklin, he effectively recruits kids out of high school. Good point on the coordinators, could some view the roster as being too deep, thus lack of playing time?

Saw list on a Penn State site, free board
I agree with NIL $$$, saw Miami is buying kids, both levels and of course TAMU. I don't think kids are rejecting because of Franklin, he effectively recruits kids out of high school. Good point on the coordinators, could some view the roster as being too deep, thus lack of playing time?

Pretty sure this isn't a factor. Plenty of positions of need.

It’s all about NIL money.
That's the story you get when they miss, not the truth. We are a long way from last year when 2 sides were fighting each other and damaging the program: The NIL is in a much better place now and is competitive. Is it where we want to be? No, probably 2 years from that, but we are competitive now and NIL can no longer be used as an excuse.

Reactions: Westcoast24
That's the story you get when they miss, not the truth. We are a long way from last year when 2 sides were fighting each other and damaging the program: The NIL is in a much better place now and is competitive. Is it where we want to be? No, probably 2 years from that, but we are competitive now and NIL can no longer be used as an excuse.
Can you provide proof of that statement?

Can you provide proof of that statement?

Using NIL as an excuse has become common place for some posters. In fact, some posters are still using the sanctions card. It’s never ending.

Using NIL as an excuse has become common place for some posters. In fact, some posters are still using the sanctions card. It’s never ending.
When is the last time you turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars?

This is what I can gather from twitter and random free content going around:

Sounds like we sit pretty with the DB from Georgia, AJ Harris.

Starting UNC OT Diego Pounds hit the portal yesterday. He was a silent commit to PSU at one point (until he wasn't), so I'd expect the staff to at least reach out. Rumors that Rucci could be a possibility, but he's been somewhat of a bust at Wisky IMO.

There are a number of WR offers out there, but no details on where we stand outside of the Fleming commit. CJ Smith from Georgia may be a possibility.

Priority seems to be:
#1 WR - might take multiple, but need at least one more
#2 CB - losing 3 starters, would be nice to get AJ Harris
#3 OT - this will always be on the portal wishlist, although Shelton/Williams will be the predicted starters as of now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Tony Grimes. CB, from Texas A&M, former 5 star from Va Beach is visiting Penn State this weekend. Would love to land him.

A.J. Harris. CB from Georgia. Former 95 rating and #2 CB nationally visited on Wednesday and Thursday. The CB for him has 100% to PSU.

If we get both of these guys that would be huge for our CB room.

Take him. Now.
I hate these schools that bring in free agent qbs every season because they're afraid to take a slight step back by playing a homegrown but inexperienced qb (see ND as an example of this). However, it never seems as if PSU is interested in bringing in a portal qb, and sometimes it probably should. And if the incumbent qb or qbs don't like this, then too bad because maybe they should've played better the previous season.

Tony Grimes. CB, from Texas A&M, former 5 star from Va Beach is visiting Penn State this weekend. Would love to land him.

A.J. Harris. CB from Georgia. Former 95 rating and #2 CB nationally visited on Wednesday and Thursday. The CB for him has 100% to PSU.

If we get them both, and find a linebacker and an edge.... lookout.

Reactions: aworsnup

But someone might get their feelings hurt and leave. /s.

Reactions: aworsnup
If we get them both, and find a linebacker and an edge.... lookout.
We have our LB starters. Carter, King and I think Rojas plus DeLuca in the mix. Wylie shows promise. Can get a depth guy.

EDGE we have DDS. Also Fisher and Vanover are there but yes would be good to get another guy.

Hard pass. Went to Wisconsin with a cocky and lazy mentality and has significantly underperformed in 3 years.
Do you really know the inside scoop? I think we should at least do our due diligence and see what the story is.

One would be good, both would be great.

Then we would need a couple of OL and maybe a DE.

One would be good, both would be great.

Then we would need a couple of OL and maybe a DE.
We may use Carter has a hybrid edge guy like Parsons for Dallas. I would like to see if we can pick up an edge and at least one O lineman for depth. I think the O line should be pretty good as we have recruited well there. Donkoh and William's (both highly rated recruits) I am hoping are two young guys who make an impact and I think can start.

Do you really know the inside scoop? I think we should at least do our due diligence and see what the story is.
I have multiple Wisconsin Football friends and I’ve heard this sentiment for awhile now. I was not surprised to hear him go into the portal since his brother is departing the program and he has not gotten much playing time at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT