ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Michigan -4 @ the Shoe. Who do you like?

Who do you like?

• Michigan -4

Votes: 64 52.0%
  • Ohio State +4

Votes: 59 48.0%

• Total voters
Does OSU's 29 point head to head loss to Purdue guarantee Purdue a better bowl? If you want to argue that OSU would have 2 losses versus PSU's 3, that would be the best argument.

If Michigan wins by 3+ scores then there's going to be a much better case of us jumping Ohio State assuming we don't have an Ohio State-esque performance against Maryland. If Michigan-Ohio State have a
True.

If asked... "In your hear of hearts - what do you think happens (wrt PSU/RoseBowl) if OSU loses to UM?"

My "best guess" is that OSU remains ahead of PSU in the committee.... AND OSU goes to the Rose Bowl.
That would be my "prediction"

Of course, if PSU does end up in Atlanta (or, IIRC, conceivably in the Fiesta) that would probably be a more than fair result for this bowl season.
I expect they are probably just a hair north of 50/50 for making a NY6 bowl (But that is far from a lock as well..... just one CCG upset could send that all crashing down - - - - - to the Citrus. And PSU is by no means anything approaching a lock to beat UMd)

This^^^^
I'm not convinced Ohio State moves at all in the poll if they lose.

I think the OSU defense is a good fit to stop the Mich offense. It’s not so good against a spread and a running QB but Mich has neither.
Mich has plenty of D but OSU has lots of ways to challenge it and will probably get at least what they did in State College.
Will the Mich Offense be able to win the game? I’m not convinced so.
I’m taking the points.

Reactions: john4psu
There is no way Delaney lets a 3 loss PSU team go to the Rose over a 2 loss O$U team... no matter the ranking. Come on. We’re talking Delaney and B1G blue bloods here. Any chance for the Rose went out the window on 4th and 5.

There is no way Delaney lets a 3 loss PSU team go to the Rose over a 2 loss O$U team... no matter the ranking. Come on. We’re talking Delaney and B1G blue bloods here. Any chance for the Rose went out the window on 4th and 5.

Delaney has no power here but we aren't going to jump a 10-2 Ohio State at 9-3

Delaney has no power here but we aren't going to jump a 10-2 Ohio State at 9-3
Exactly and take it to the bank - OSU will finish 10-2. How can the BIG send PSU when OSU finishes with a worse record and lost the head to head and I believe it was at PSU.

I don't like either team, but it's all about the $$$ and I suspect we're going to see some very biased calls by the Referines since scUM is the B1G's only real shot at getting a team into the Final Four.

I like Michigan to cover that spread with ease. In fact, I've got some major bucks riding on it. Which doesn't mean it will happen of course!

I think that Michigan should win. But, they've shown an ability to choke really hard at key times under Harbaugh. If they screw up on the road with a hostile crowd in their face, they could crap the bed on Saturday.

IMO Michigan is going to beat the crap out of Ohio State, no ifs ands or buts about it. And it will help Penn State into a better bowl, regardless of whether our team "deserves" it.

I've posted it a ton of times but I never thought Ohio State was very good this year. While I now believe our team is good but not very good as well this year, I also don't think Ohio State is really any better at this point. (That being said I'm amazed to see OSU 7 and PSU 8 in the FPI at this point)

If Penn State can put a reasonable victory on the board versus Maryland and Ohio State gets the pounding I expect they will, it's possible Penn State could be in the top ten for the final CFP poll but it might not matter because as mentioned above (and I just read elsewhere), if Michigan wins out and Penn State beats Maryland I think that will just about guarantee Penn State to the Rose Bowl, so long as PSU finishes ranked above OSU in the CFP poll. What a treat for a "rebuilding" year! (Although I'll still be disappointed about the two games they let get away)

right now we are not playing very well on offense and we dont defend their type of run game well. we could actually lose to Md. hard to see us blowing them out like last year. we have a QB whose key is running and scrambling, and he cannot do either one right now, so we are much easier do defend. on BIG show they actually said that Md will not try to hurt TM as they want him in the game playing hurt.

UMich should crush tOSU this year as the bucknuts are in total disarray. this may be the worst tOSU team in a while - and several guys hurt.

Does Harbaugh finally beat Meyer? Does Harbaugh finally lead the Wolverines to Indianapolis? Do the Buckeyes win it for perhaps Urban's last game at the Horseshoe?

I hear a voice as I typed that and I feel like I should add: Tune in Saturday. Same BAT time. Same BAT channel.

Al qaeda

Michigan will probably win. The OSU LBs are horribly coached by Davis. They aren't being blocked and are simply running to the wrong places and leaving gaping holes for RBs. Total waste of talent this year. (Two backups, Hilliard and Booker, were 5 stars)

OSU's best chance is if there are Michigan turnovers and Michigan loses its poise.

Several X-factors those not close to OSU may not be aware of. First, Brendan White became a starter at safety about 3 weeks ago. He is a very good player and major upgrade over previous starter. Significant help in preventing big plays, but not enough to make up for LBs. Second, two good offensive linemen who have been hurt all year are ready to play. Most important could be Branden Bowen who was last year's starter. Third, OSU running game was horrible in middle of year. Since Michigan State it has been reasonably good. If Ds have to defend the run, it makes Haskins even more effective.

Bottom line though -- doubt that OSU can correct its horrible defense against big plays although x-factors above give OSU something of a chance.

I hope Ohio State wins just to see michnittlion cry.
Normally, I would hope for whichever teams victory benefits PSU. Since that does not apply for this game this season, I will hope for the team who can ruin the other team's season- as I despise both teams. So, by that criterion, I hope OSU wins and ruins UMs season. Don't think OSU gets into the playoffs with a win, but if they do, I'll hope whomever they play crushes them.

Normally, I would hope for whichever teams victory benefits PSU. Since that does not apply for this game this season, I will hope for the team who can ruin the other team's season- as I despise both teams. So, by that criterion, I hope OSU wins and ruins UMs season. Don't think OSU gets into the playoffs with a win, but if they do, I'll hope whomever they play crushes them.

If you want what's best for Penn State then it's for Michigan to win out and beat Ohio State by about 40. That's the best shot at us getting into the Rose if we beat Maryland

If you want what's best for Penn State then it's for Michigan to win out and beat Ohio State by about 40. That's the best shot at us getting into the Rose if we beat Maryland
Why would the Rose take a 9-3 PSU, assuming we beat MD, over a 10-2 OSU who beat PSU, at PSU?? I think the Rose Bowl ship sailed for us when we lost at home to MSU. Perhaps a 9-3 PSU goes to either the Fiesta or the Peach, but that will have no bearing on UM versus OSU. So, I'd rather see UMs season ruined - no title again for Harbaugh and no W vs OSU again either. Sounds good!

Why would the Rose take a 9-3 PSU, assuming we beat MD, over a 10-2 OSU who beat PSU, at PSU?? I think the Rose Bowl ship sailed for us when we lost at home to MSU. Perhaps a 9-3 PSU goes to either the Fiesta or the Peach, but that will have no bearing on UM versus OSU. So, I'd rather see UMs season ruined - no title again for Harbaugh and no W vs OSU again either. Sounds good!

Whomever is ranked higher goes. We would need Ohio State to fall behind us which is possible even if unlikely. Michigan would have to blow them out. I don't think a 10-2 Ohio State falls behind us but it is certainly possible. Michigan making the playoff is also better for us long term. The longer the Big Ten champ gets left out the more we become the Pac XII or Big XII. That's not good for us regardless of what you or anyone thinks of Michigan/Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT