ADVERTISEMENT

POLL - Let’s Get To The Bottom Of This Toilet Paper Issue!

POLL - Pre-Corona, How Many Reg Rolls Of Toilet Paper Did You Keep In The House?

• None - We don’t use TP.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • None - We have a bidet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 5-9

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • 10-19

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • 20-39

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • 40-69

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • 70-99

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 100-199

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 200+

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
I still can’t believe the run on TP.....did most people only keep a few extra rolls in-house?

I live by myself and always have had a jumbo Costco-sized package in-house. Of course, there are more than a few posters here that think I’m full of shit so that would be expected.

Post away!

We almost ran out a couple of days ago. Friends dropped a package of rolls off two days ago.

I’ll have to see if I can find the article but it goes into detail about how it’s more than partially due to the fact that the home use is up 40%+ and the commercial use is down the same amount. The commercial grade stuff isn’t meant to sell at retail and is made by different plants and different companies.

edit: https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0
Crappy poll, ILLINOIS, and I really don't give a sh*t, but I voted anyway (20-39).:)

My wife is a person who always has more than enough supply of everything. With regard to toilet paper she harkens back to the (fake) toilet paper shortage of 1973. I myself am unaware of the incident because at the time I was on a destroyer on a US Navy cruise. She loves Costco/Sam's Club!

buy in bulk, as we do with a lot of things that never go out of style

we routinely buy the big package a Cosco once a month. we recently replaced it, so are good till late April. we have not changed our buying patterns. I this poll is right, the sample does not seem to be reflective of what is going on in the real world.

Reactions: Nitt1300
buy in bulk, as we do with a lot of things that never go out of style
Me too. I bought a big package at Sam’s long before this virus thing hit and still had some left in the other pack so I’m good with TP.
I wasn’t sure at the time if I needed any but bought it anyway because there is no danger of it going bad.

J4F5OiB.png

I voted in the 20-39 range as we usually have at least a bundle from Bj's in the garage. Currently still have around 25 left. I put a delivery order in at BJ's on Thursday for Charmin and the delivery date is this Wednesday. I won't be holding my breath.

I still can’t believe the run on TP.....did most people only keep a few extra rolls in-house?

I live by myself and always have had a jumbo Costco-sized package in-house. Of course, there are more than a few posters here that think I’m full of shit so that would be expected.

Post away!
A lot of assholes will respond to this pole.

I live by myself and always have had a jumbo Costco-sized package in-house.

We have three bathrooms and I’ll have a roll on the spool plus six in a drawer or under the sink in each. The rest are kept in the laundry room. When the laundry room runs out, I get a new jumbo pack at Costco. So my range is really probably 15 to over 50 depending on at what point I go to Costco.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Post away!
I was holding 16 double rolls but after getting some intel from my Rite Aid pharmacist, I scored another dozen doubles on Thursday. I’m holdin’ baby.

Me too. I bought a big package at Sam’s long before this virus thing hit and still had some left in the other pack so I’m good with TP.
I wasn’t sure at the time if I needed any but bought it anyway because there is no danger of it going bad.
Same here.

I don't buy in bulk, but I do buy ahead if I have a coupon or it's on sale at my local store. Always have extra tp, tissues,paper towels, laundry soap,liquid hand soap,etc.
Being as I live alone, everything goes along way.

Yes Step, my two sisters live in the same town, both within a few blocks away. We stay in touch and keep tabs on each other.
Thanks for your concern.

Reactions: step.eng69
when i was at the store on Friday, they had enough TP, even had an end of aisle display. when i went last week there was none. The week before there were 3 on the shelf. so i hope the hoarding of TP is about done now.

Of course, there are zero cleaning supplies all three times i went and no paper towels 2 out of 3. So those just need to come back.

I have 3 Japanese style toilet seat bidets in the house. That being said, we have approximately 102 rolls in the house. We usually have around 40-60 rolls at any given time. But last trip to Costco they had some in stock, so we bought another jumbo pack. We have several friends running dry so we’ll probably be sharing the love when they need it.

I voted in the 20-39 range as we usually have at least a bundle from Bj's in the garage. Currently still have around 25 left. I put a delivery order in at BJ's on Thursday for Charmin and the delivery date is this Wednesday. I won't be holding my breath.
OK, at the risk of appearing metrosexual or beyond, I gotta ask. "BJ's?" Never heard of a big box store by that name.

OK, at the risk of appearing metrosexual or beyond, I gotta ask. "BJ's?" Never heard of a big box store by that name.

Headquarters in Mass. Approx 215 stores along the East Coast and out in Ohio & Mich. Been around approx 35 years.

It's just the wife and I, but I'm one of those people when I go to Sams club I always buy a jumbo pack (the good stuff). Before Christmas it was on sale (at Sams) big time so I bought 4 more of them. Haven't bought any since this thing started and still have over 100 rolls.

But I also keep stocked up on paper towels tissue paper and napkins.

Post away!
Yeah...same here....and when that's half done I buy another because I'm paranoid that I only have 10 months supply. So, in February I bought another costco pack...I'm good for about 22 months.

Just scored another 30 pack at Costco today, this time Charmin. I now have 130+ rolls. The good news is, I've told all my friends who might be struggling to find it, that I have their back..... side. I'll probably be giving away 60 rolls over the next week. The only reason I bought more was I know that I have friends in need. Of course the Kirkland brand will be the giveaway brand ... the Charmin stays with us! :D

Post away!
I still have a supply of Sears catalogues.

Just scored another 30 pack at Costco today, this time Charmin. I now have 130+ rolls. The good news is, I've told all my friends who might be struggling to find it, that I have their back..... side. I'll probably be giving away 60 rolls over the next week. The only reason I bought more was I know that I have friends in need. Of course the Kirkland brand will be the giveaway brand ... the Charmin stays with us! :D

Way too much information.....but I tried the Kirkland brand in the last year and honestly was pleasantly surprised. Costco’s pretty good about not putting their Kirkland name on a product unless it can wipe out the competition and in this case it did! :)

Way too much information.....but I tried the Kirkland brand in the last year and honestly was pleasantly surprised. Costco’s pretty good about not putting their Kirkland name on a product unless it can wipe out the competition and in this case it did! :)
I agree i general about the Kirkland brand. But the TP just isn’t as good as charmin.

Post away!
I ditto your comments. Costco is two hrs away so when on sale, usually get a new mega pack to make sure I have two on hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT