ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Is Super Bowl LIII the worst one ever?

Is Super Bowl LIII the worst one ever?

• Yes.

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • No.

Votes: 56 39.2%
  • I can’t decide. They're all turrible.

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
I would imagine that if I liked either team it would have been exciting.

I do think it was extremely boring, though.

The Steelers vs. Seahawks was really a dull game too although I like the Steelers.
This

It was an incredibly suspenseful and intense game if you cared about the outcome. It was not a game for the casual viewer to enjoy.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
If people believe that a conspiracy existed to job New Orleans in favor of the Los Angeles market Rams, rather than piss poor officiating, than the ratings from last night's game probably indicate that the Rams won't get a good call next go round.

Not sure how they sit, but the Rams have a lot of money tied up in this team and no guarantee that they can retain the majority of the players. New England is sitting on a bunch of draft picks (12, 7 of which are in the first 4 rounds) and always find diamonds in the rough as well as get more out of other's less.

Had this been a sloppy game with that score, I'd say it was a dud. But that was some pretty impressive Defenses out there.

BOTH Kansas City and New Orleans only have themselves to blame. Was it the Refs fault or the NFLs fault that Kansas City got 2 First Downs the entire 1st Half? Was it the Refs fault or the NFLs fault that KC had 0 points and like 28 total yards the First Half? Was it the Refs fault or the NFLs fault that New Orleans drove down the field on their 1st two drives and settled for 2 FGs instead of 2 TDs and instead of burying the Rams 14-0, they were only up 6-0? Was it the Refs fault or the NFLs fault that MR. Risk Taker himself Sean Peyton fell asleep and allowed the Rams to convert a fake punt and swing momentum in that game?
Yep

I would imagine that if I liked either team it would have been exciting.

I do think it was extremely boring, though.

The Steelers vs. Seahawks was really a dull game too although I like the Steelers.
I get what you’re saying, but even though I don’t like the patties, I’m one of the few who really appreciated the defensive tone of the game. It reminded me of a better brand of football from yesteryear. It’s a shame that the game has become so mechanical with its video game offenses that we seem to have forgotten the beauty of a true defensive struggle.

I'll usually enjoy defensive-minded games, but that was more because of how poor both offenses (mostly LA) played than how well the defenses played. The play-calling on both sides was so conservative, and even then Goff still looked like a deer in headlights. All in all one of the more forgettable SBs in recent memory.

Goff will get the attention for how poorly he played, but Brady didn't really play that well either.

I thought Brady looked "old." He had so many opportunities to make things happen and simply didn't. Wasn't the weather and it sure wasn't his first rodeo (i give Goff a pass here). He's playing about 75-80% of the guy he was even a year ago and he'd do us all a favor by retiring... but he won't... and he'll probably look like a spring chicken next year and make me feel foolish for doubting him. sigh.

I thought Brady looked "old." He had so many opportunities to make things happen and simply didn't. Wasn't the weather and it sure wasn't his first rodeo (i give Goff a pass here). He's playing about 75-80% of the guy he was even a year ago and he'd do us all a favor by retiring... but he won't... and he'll probably look like a spring chicken next year and make me feel foolish for doubting him. sigh.

I agree that although Brady is pretty great for 41, he's 41 and he ain't what he used to be. And that was glossed over somewhat because the Pats won, thanks primarily to their great defense. And next season he'll be 42.

Nobody can take 6 SB wins away from you but that aside, you can leave while being good or you can hang on too long and if you do the latter the video and memories of you hanging on will be out there forever. Edelman turns 33 in the offseason. Gronk is probably going to hang it up. Josh Gordon helped them some before his backslide but he obviously can't be counted on in the future. I don't know how they're going to have a good passing offense next season. But OTOH they keep defying expectations.

If they win it again next year then maybe they should rename the Lombardi Trophy as the Belichek Trophy.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT