ADVERTISEMENT

Please keep me in your prayers

I (a Steelers fan) sort of know how you feel. My daughter married...can barely bring myself to say it...a Ravens fan. We agree that at least two Sundays each year we just can't have contact with each other.

Mixed marriages can work out. My entire family is Polish Catholics and I was expected to find and marry a nice Polish girl. My mother was concerned when I told her I was going to propose to a wonderful, beautiful Irish Catholic girl I was dating at Penn State, but she eventually came around and loved her like a daughter. We'll be married 50 years next year, so have faith.

I (a Steelers fan) sort of know how you feel. My daughter married...can barely bring myself to say it...a Ravens fan. We agree that at least two Sundays each year we just can't have contact with each other.

I'm a diehard Steelers fan... married a PSL owning Ravens fan... it is worth it because I get to see The Steelers live once per year. Then after UMD entered The Big Ten all hell broke loose because she is a UMD grad as well. We don't speak to each other 3 days out of the year. I enjoy the quiet. :cool::D

james-carvell.jpg

Mixed marriages can work out. My entire family is Polish Catholics and I was expected to find and marry a nice Polish girl. My mother was concerned when I told her I was going to propose to a wonderful, beautiful Irish Catholic girl I was dating at Penn State, but she eventually came around and loved her like a daughter. We'll be married 50 years next year, so have faith.

My great uncle was Irish Catholic and married a Protestant girl. His mother didn't speak to them for years as a result. Crazy how things have changed.

...I was Lutheran and married an Episcopalian!...
...anything can work out OK... :)

You need to talk to her father and work out a mutual agreement so both families can present alternatives.

Reactions: 91Joe95
My wife is a blonde haired Itilian catholic from north Jersey who attended church every Sunday and is a rule follower. I was a far too young drinking protestant farm boy with a disdain for rules who skipped my conformation to go to a party. She has a lineage that includes direct relatives who came over on the Mayflower, had contact with G. Washington, and highly esteemed individuals throughout. My lineage includes several mentions of people spending nights in the "drunk tank" through the 1800's.

And, just to be contrarian, she professed to like Ohio St. When we were dating! That was 30+ years ago. Happily married for 28 years and now and a knight on our Catholic Church.

Still drink occasionally ;)

There's always hope!

I would probably prefer my future daughter in law to be a crack addict with 5 kids to 3 different fathers and have a criminal record to that. Still better than a ND fan though. Not only are you in my prayers, I can get you in contact with an exorcist. It is curable.

Reactions: 91Joe95
My youngest son has decided to marry a Buckeye. She's nice she's a teacher but she's still a Buckeye. She's already taken 1 shot across my bow with a tOSU comment.
At what age did you lose control of your son?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT