ADVERTISEMENT

Please join me in congratulating Lloyd Carr!!!

Nov 25, 2015
Lloyd Carr has now been OFFICIALLY named to the college football playoff selection committee.

Please join me and the rest of the B1G conference in celebrating this proud moment.

Lloyd Carr is a man I have a tremendous deal of respect for. He is an upstanding human being with basically no character flaws. His coaching resume is also outstanding. He, Jim Tressel, Woody Hayes and Urban Meyer are the only B1G coaches to win a National Title over the last 50 years. If I had to make a "Mount Rushmore of B1G coaches since 1970", those four would be the men to be immortalized.

Congratulations Lloyd!

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.c...-college-football-playoff-selection-committee

Lloyd Carr has now been OFFICIALLY named to the college football playoff selection committee.

Please join me and the rest of the B1G conference in celebrating this proud moment.

Lloyd Carr is a man I have a tremendous deal of respect for. He is an upstanding human being with basically no character flaws. His coaching resume is also outstanding. He, Jim Tressel, Woody Hayes and Urban Meyer are the only B1G coaches to win a National Title over the last 50 years. If I had to make a "Mount Rushmore of B1G coaches since 1970", those four would be the men to be immortalized.

Congratulations Lloyd!

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.c...-college-football-playoff-selection-committee

Hard for me to rail on a guy whose family just went thorough what no family should ever have to go through. Having said that, and without reading the article, is he an addition to the committee or is he replacing someone (Alvarez)?

Hard for me to rail on a guy whose family just went thorough what no family should ever have to go through. Having said that, and without reading the article, is he an addition to the committee or is he replacing someone (Alvarez)?

Barry Alvarez is still there. I now have two people on the committee who are ...... ahem ....... "looking out for my best interests."

If PSU finds itself in the top 6 or 8 vying for a playoff spot, Lloyd Carr with a 9-2 record against Paterno is one committee member who would fully understand what it took for PSU to get back back in that position. IMO that is.

Congratulations Lloyd!

Where is my barf bag? Apparently, this clown never heard of Joe Paterno or Bear Bryant. Interesting, how all 4 of the coaches he mentioned coached @ Michigan or OSU. Maybe he was as blind or biased as the Midwestern media who dissed the 1994 team.

Instead of an extra two seconds, could he get an extra 2 (or 4) teams added to the playoff format?

Where is my barf bag? Apparently, this clown never heard of Joe Paterno or Bear Bryant. Interesting, how all 4 of the coaches he mentioned coached @ Michigan or OSU. Maybe he was as blind or biased as the Midwestern media who dissed the 1994 team.

Wow, that post went way over your head. Look at the user name, turn your sarcasm detector up to 11, then read the post again.

You need to revise your list of coaches. You left out the BIG 10 coach with 2 national championships, 5 undefeated seasons and 409 wins with the same team.

Reactions: JLA71

You need to revise your list of coaches. You left out the BIG 10 coach with 2 national championships, 5 undefeated seasons and 409 wins with the same team.

CdqU8qC.gif

I'm sure Lloyd will be very fair and open-minded when it comes to the Big Ten.

Ohhhh, I think he will be a very strong voice for the big ten in the committee. The problem is that he sees the Big Ten as Michigan.........unmmm.........Michigan...........oh yeah- Michigan........and begrudgingly Ohio State. That's the conference- right????? ;)

Congratulations Lloyd!

Good for Loyd

Wow, that post went way over your head. Look at the user name, turn your sarcasm detector up to 11, then read the post again.
Even if the OP was being serious Bear Bryant isn't a (former) B10 coach and Joe Pa won his NCs prior to PSU joining.

mssd.gif

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT