ADVERTISEMENT

playoff projections

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
PSU is the top B1G playoff contender right now, but behind Oklahoma, Clemson and probably USC to actually get in the playoff.

Obviously PSU has to win all of its games, but will need help. I think there are a lot of potential losses for USC, hopefully they will drop one or more of them.

USC vs. Texas, 9/16
USC @ WSU, 9/29
USC vs. Utah, 10/14
USC @. ND, 10/21
USC vs. UCLA, 11/18

Oklahoma might not lose to anybody, except maybe Oklahoma State. Clemson, likewise, has very few pitfalls besides FSU.

PSU is the top B1G playoff contender right now, but behind Oklahoma, Clemson and probably USC to actually get in the playoff.

Obviously PSU has to win all of its games, but will need help. I think there are a lot of potential losses for USC, hopefully they will drop one or more of them.

USC vs. Texas, 9/16
USC @ WSU, 9/29
USC vs. Utah, 10/14
USC @. ND, 10/21
USC vs. UCLA, 11/18

Oklahoma might not lose to anybody, except maybe Oklahoma State. Clemson, likewise, has very few pitfalls besides FSU.
If we win out we are in the playoffs - no doubt about it.

USC vs. Texas, 9/16
USC @ WSU, 9/29
USC vs. Utah, 10/14
USC @. ND, 10/21
USC vs. UCLA, 11/18

Good points. One issue I see with Oklahoma is the new Big 12 championship game. No matter who the Sooners draw (assuming OU wins the regular season title), they will be playing a rematch. I have no hard data to support my opinion, but I think rematches in the same season are tough for the team that won the 1st game. I remember that the only time Nebraska ever beat Texas in the Big 12 was the year they met in a rematch: UT won the 1st regular season game and NU the championship game.

Big twelve with Texas down at this point is very weak. Oklahoma could sail through.

We need Ohio state to have a mediocre year for us to jump Oklahoma. Hopefully another 3 or so loses. This is possible.

USC will drop 50 on Texas. UCLA is dangerous. Notre Dame looks decent.

USC vs. Texas, 9/16
USC @ WSU, 9/29
USC vs. Utah, 10/14
USC @. ND, 10/21
USC vs. UCLA, 11/18

You forgot about Alabama.

Ohio State's loss yesterday has now definitively put us on the outside looking in with respect to the Selection Committee. All four of those teams will now trump us in an even up situation.

It's now either undefeated, or Rose (Consolation/Bridesmaid) Bowl. Even if undefeated, we have to hope for no more than three undefeated Conference Champions.

USC plays nobody who will enable them to jump us, if they are lower than us in this weeks' rankings.

USC plays nobody who will enable them to jump us, if they are lower than us in this weeks' rankings.

Trust me. If we both have the same records, and are both Conference Champs, they will get the nod. The Committee will be looking for any and all excuses to keep us out if it's at all close.

Plus, whenever the selections are made, the subliminal perception will be that they will have beaten us head to head within the last year.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Trust me. If we both have the same records, and are both Conference Champs, they will get the nod. The Committee will be looking for any and all excuses to keep us out if it's at all close.

Plus, whenever the selections are made, the subliminal perception will be that they will have beaten us head to head within the last year.
Yep. I agree. They just jumped us minutes ago in the coaches poll.

Reactions: dsites52
With one loss PSU is likely in as well.

Depends what the other teams do.. If PSU loses one, I think it will be hard to get in with OU and Clemson having a top 10 OOC win and a league title.

What I saw last night

1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma
4) PSU/USC

So Oklahoma would play their weak B12 slate and Ohio state on the road. PSU also plays OSU on the road, plus a much tougher conference slate. Advantage PSU.

Ohio State's loss yesterday has now definitively put us on the outside looking in with respect to the Selection Committee. All four of those teams will now trump us in an even up situation.

?? If the Lions beat tOSU, then how is it that Oklahoma will have more marquee wins than PSU? Both will have beaten tOSU. I'd put a PSU win over Michigan up against an Oklahoma win over Okie State anytime.

But it's way too early. I don't wanna presume wins against tOSU and Michigan at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT