ADVERTISEMENT

"Pittsburgh Dad" Happy Thanksgiving video!! ENJOY!!!

46491494_2430114520395845_1707935870293639168_o.jpg

I grew up in Pittsburgh but have not lived there in 30 years.

This guy is funny because it is 100% quintessential Pittsburgh.

Never lived there but been there enough. Have friends who sound just like him. I get him and he's funny. If there was a "Coal Region Dad" he'd be hilarious, as would a "Philly Dad" or a "Juniata Valley Dad." It wouldn't appeal to everybody but there'd be humor in it no matter where you came from.

Never lived there but been there enough. Have friends who sound just like him. I get him and he's funny. If there was a "Coal Region Dad" he'd be hilarious, as would a "Philly Dad" or a "Juniata Valley Dad." It wouldn't appeal to everybody but there'd be humor in it no matter where you came from.

There IS a lot of Coal Region Dad in his speak!!

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz
I grew up in Pittsburgh but have not lived there in 30 years. This guy is funny because it is 100% quintessential Pittsburgh.
This is the “secret sauce” of Pittsburgh Dad’s schtick. He is the quintessential PARODY of a “youinzer”**. The beauty of his act is that he doesn’t have any children himself. I think that is pretty cool that he can do so much parenting humor while not being one himself.

**Note: Here is a link to explain the origin of youinz, yinz, you one’s, youse, etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz

It’s the same reason why they use “You All” in the south!

Last edited:
There IS a lot of Coal Region Dad in his speak!!

Always thought there was a lot in common with the Anthracite Region and Pittsburgh. There are loads of Steeler fans from Scranton/WB for example, who could just as easily be NY or Phila fans. Having spent some time there I see it, Pittsburgh is a great tahn. It reminds Coal Region people of themselves. Many travel to see the Steelers. Mrs. Ts pierogies are huge sponsors of the Bucs, e.g. They tried to market black and gold pierogies to PGH a few years ago. I bought some. Grew up on Mrs T's. Don't think it was very successful however.

Always thought there was a lot in common with the Anthracite Region and Pittsburgh. There are loads of Steeler fans from Scranton/WB for example, who could just as easily be NY or Phila fans. Having spent some time there I see it, Pittsburgh is a great tahn. It reminds Coal Region people of themselves. Many travel to see the Steelers. Mrs. Ts pierogies are huge sponsors of the Bucs, e.g. They tried to market black and gold pierogies to PGH a few years ago. I bought some. Grew up on Mrs T's. Don't think it was very successful however.

Yep! Steeler fans also in Carlisle region and Steelton and Mechanicsburg region.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
There aren’t very many “youinzer’s” who haven’t devoured Mrs. T’s pierogies by the dozens. Of course, these were always emergency situations when grandma’s, mom’s, aunt Ethel’s or the church ladies’ versions weren’t readily available! I actually feel like Mrs. T should be on my Christmas Card List!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT