ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Airport Nardog recording in tram - 9 national championships

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
So i am in the Pittsburgh airport. Get on the little tram that takes you from the main terminal to baggage claim. And the doors shut and a recording comes on. The recording says "this is Pat Narduzzi, coach of the Pittsburgh Panthers". He goes onto say that Pitt has won NINE national championships and the Steelers have won Six super bowls and that is why this is titletown. Nardog then goes onto spout some more facts about Pittsburgh until the tram reaches the stop. But literally Nardog claimed on a recorded message that Pitt has won 9 national championships.

When I was touring Pitt Law last year, the guide on the Duckey tour said "and over there is the home of the 9-time national champion Pitt Panthers." I died laughing.

They claim all of those sub-1950 NC's. PSU has a few of them too (1911, 1912), but we do not claim them in our count.

Pitt does. Otherwise, they would have 0.

When I was touring Pitt Law last year, the guide on the Duckey tour said "and over there is the home of the 9-time national champion Pitt Panthers." I died laughing.

They claim all of those sub-1950 NC's. PSU has a few of them too (1911, 1912), but we do not claim them in our count.

Pitt does. Otherwise, they would have 0.
They would have 1976. That's it.

They would have 1976. That's it.
I think one of them in the mid 1930's would be considered legitimate. The others, they basically declared themselves as national champions. For them to keep claiming nine is a joke. But, this doesn't stop them from plastering it all over the place.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
So i am in the Pittsburgh airport. Get on the little tram that takes you from the main terminal to baggage claim. And the doors shut and a recording comes on. The recording says "this is Pat Narduzzi, coach of the Pittsburgh Panthers". He goes onto say that Pitt has won NINE national championships and the Steelers have won Six super bowls and that is why this is titletown. Nardog then goes onto spout some more facts about Pittsburgh until the tram reaches the stop. But literally Nardog claimed on a recorded message that Pitt has won 9 national championships.

As if he had anything to do with them.

Reactions: ralphster
UCC has a far more legit claim on last year's national title than the majority of those Pitt teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT