ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's Paris Ford Arrested

Paris Ford and Tyler Sear — first-year students on the Pitt football team — were charged with disorderly conduct after a fight in Sutherland Hall, according to Pitt police.

The fight, first reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, occurred Oct. 17 at around 10 p.m. According to a criminal complaint obtained by the Post-Gazette, the two players “engaged in fighting behavior” with each other and the altercation required police response.

According to a Tweet from Ford, the fight leading to their charges happened as the two were playing Madden, a football video game.

Sear, a tight end form New Castle, has a single reception so far this season which came against Youngstown State. Ford — a Pittsburgh native rated the No. 5 safety in the 2017 recruiting class by Rivals — hasn’t played this season yet, indicating he will likely redshirt his first year at Pitt.​

Reactions: JJTopp99
Naturally, after reading this, the first place to visit is the Liar. Oh my! Rationalization is an art form over there.

I can't seem to find it again, but there is post in a thread further down the page discussing the fact that they should start cheating like everybody else. A poster actually had the balls to say that the NCAA needs to stay out of criminal matters.

I'm guessing that both will continue to sit out games during their red shirt year as punishment. :)

Reactions: Ski
Remember the Duzzer learned from Dantonio. LJ Scott had to sit one entire series for his 7th arrest. Ford will have to sit out the opening kick for his arrest. Real disciplinarians those two clowns.

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
The fine folks over at the Liar seem to be upset that the matter wasn't covered up. You just can't make this stuff up. Oh, and there were gratuitous references to Sandusky, as well.

Reactions: BBrown
we'll+always+have+paris+copy.gif

Reactions: BBrown and NJPSU
Naturally, after reading this, the first place to visit is the Liar. Oh my! Rationalization is an art form over there.

I can't seem to find it again, but there is post in a thread further down the page discussing the fact that they should start cheating like everybody else. A poster actually had the balls to say that the NCAA needs to stay out of criminal matters.

How dare U insinuate anyone on the LIAR board is a two-faced hypocrite! LOL ;=O

Narduzzi reacted to the news by saying it's the most fight his players have shown all year.

But because he goes high where others go low, Nardouchie announced Ford (who is redshirting) will be suspended from all games for the remainder of the season (including bowl game).

Reactions: krichards
Barely qualifying academically and getting a disorderly in his first month on campus...sounds about right for sPitt's marquee player.
But they're not on a level playing field because they're admission standards are so much higher than all other D-1 programs and they do it the right way....I know because I read it on the Lair.

Let me ask this question. What if this happened here? I mean two players get in an argument and trade blows over something like a video game? How is that news? It is funny, it is hilarious that it is Pitt, as if they don't have enough problems. But let's be realistic, we would be reacting the same way if that happened here.

Ford is pitt's only decent recruit this year. He is the only player in this recruiting class that has a skill set good enough for Penn State. All the rest are Akron rejects. Turns out that Ford is an illiterate thug.

Narduzzi is a horrible recruiter. He will be the assistant linebacker coach at Western Michigan Tech the year after next.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Let me ask this question. What if this happened here? I mean two players get in an argument and trade blows over something like a video game? How is that news? It is funny, it is hilarious that it is Pitt, as if they don't have enough problems. But let's be realistic, we would be reacting the same way if that happened here.
Did you really feel the need to point that out? We've been the target of the vilest slander and vituperation these last five years and you're getting your panties in a twist over this?

Did you really feel the need to point that out? We've been the target of the vilest slander and vituperation these last five years and you're getting your panties in a twist over this?

I'll save time for anyone else like me.

vi·tu·per·a·tion
vəˌt(y)o͞opəˈrāSHən,vīˌt(y)o͞opəˈrāSHən/
noun
  1. bitter and abusive language.
    "no one else attracted such vituperation from him

but see thats the reason this is so delicious. It has happened over here. Paxson taking a bike out of a dumpster, Zordich for driving with his head lights out and blowing through a stop sign, players busted for drinking a beer outside their apt....and when it did those same asshat Liar posters were gleefully patting each other on the back and saying the program is a dumpster fire and should be shut down (and that was before JS).
Now that the shoe is on the other foot, They're all crying because the press and police are too intrusive and targeting their players and that they should just cheat so they can at least be .500 team. Its hypocrisy at its finest and I love it. LOL.

But it didn't so what's your point? or is it we can't make fun of this stuff when it happens somewhere else because it may happen here - dumb.

There is a special breed of poster here who feel the need to moderate anything negative said about any other school with the - well PSU players did this or that and we have our own issues - you no kidding so you are the self appointment monitor to keep us all in line because we are not perfect either - get a life and let it go.

But they're the ones posting, talking, and even having a writer write an article explaining the only reason they suck is because they're the only school recruiting the right way and have higher standards than every other program outside of the Ivy League. Yet they continue to have off field problems and then they recruit a guy who got kicked off PSU's team, but they still think they're morally superior to all other programs.

Reactions: LionJim and BBrown
---

Ummm, no. If a couple guys got mad and threw a punch or two, yeah sure....tell them to cool off, shake hands, and move on. But this went on for so long that people called the police. That has to be pretty bad to go that far.

Reactions: Mixolydian

What’s your point Dick? :cool:

Reactions: Madsol
---

Ummm, no. If a couple guys got mad and threw a punch or two, yeah sure....tell them to cool off, shake hands, and move on. But this went on for so long that people called the police. That has to be pretty bad to go that far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT