ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt / West Virginia odds

NITTANYJGK

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Apparently oddsmakers are split on who should be favored. I've seen -1 1/2 both ways.

My prediction: WVU wins outright with points being irrelevant. Pitt was a 7 1/2 point home favorite to Cincinnati and, in typical Pitt fashion, blew that.

Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette said it best in the Sunday paper: "that loss was SO Pitt." Vintage Pitt.

Apparently oddsmakers are split on who should be favored. I've seen -1 1/2 both ways.

My prediction: WVU wins outright with points being irrelevant. Pitt was a 7 1/2 point home favorite to Cincinnati and, in typical Pitt fashion, blew that.

Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette said it best in the Sunday paper: "that loss was SO Pitt." Vintage Pitt.

WVU salivating at the Pitt rush defense.

Pitt salivating at the WVU pass defense.

I hope they tie 2-2 if that can somehow still happen with overtime rules.

I'll also be rooting for WVU. I really like their 240 lb halfback and their QB, Greene. I would bet WVU at home. But seeing how many people show up for Pitt games for any team not named ND, there isn't much difference.

I'll also be rooting for WVU. I really like their 240 lb halfback and their QB, Greene. I would bet WVU at home. But seeing how many people show up for Pitt games for any team not named ND, there isn't much difference.
The Pitt homer/apologist that dribbles for the Pgh Tribune Review wrote that there were 50,000 Pitters at the game Saturday Vs Cincy. A bit of a stretch but not unexpected considering the source.

After the loss to Cincy, the guy also writes...
After Pitt lost a game no one inside or outside the program expected to lose,
What? When did Pitt ever become a sure thing in college football? They are Pitt - I expected them to lose. Polish and shine and add lipstick, but they are still Pitt and they ain't all that. Unicorns and rainbows and 50,000 screaming Pitt fans. What a mirage.

Cincy ran for somewhere close to 200 yards. I'd bet WVUs OL is better than theirs. The WVU back is a load and a half.

Pitt passing game was so bad that WVU might do ok defending it, even with their bad D.

I'll go WVU, 27-13.
I see a higher scoring game but same outcome. WVU 38-24

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT