ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt series on hold until 3030

"I’d rather forfeit and take the automatic L instead of playing PSU in any sport. Why would you want to associatr yourself with their athletic department in any way? I wouldn’t go to the PSU game if you paid me $1000 to go. I’m embarassed for any Pitt fan who tailgates and has fun with any PSU fan in the lots. When they showed Pitt and PSU fans together in the lots before the last game at Heinze, my stomach turned."
Yep, saw it on The Lair. Never underestimate the stupidity of your average Pitt fan.

Sorry for the repost, but its the gift that keeps giving.

20170916140255.jpg

Not that long ago, the Lair people thought that WVU was beneath them and not worth the aggravation. And, we were being laughed at because we didn't have a true "rival".

Well, looks like Pitt doesn't have a true rival anymore, either. And it looks like WVU just got a whole lot prettier.

Not that long ago, the Lair people thought that WVU was beneath them and not worth the aggravation. And, we were being laughed at because we didn't have a true "rival".

Well, looks like Pitt doesn't have a true rival anymore, either. And it looks like WVU just got a whole lot prettier.

I don't think WVU needs them either. WVU is a stronger program than Pitt.

Yes, the mouthbreathers on the Lair mocked the people of West Virginia and called them hoopies. Hoopies is a slur used to insult people that make barrels. I guess at one time, there was lots of barrel manufacturing in W VA.

At this point, they should be happy YSU and Akron plays them. The nation saw what happens when Oklahoma State or comes to town. They can only wish for PSU or OK State, and other Power 5 schools schools.

"I’d rather forfeit and take the automatic L instead of playing PSU in any sport. Why would you want to associatr yourself with their athletic department in any way? I wouldn’t go to the PSU game if you paid me $1000 to go. I’m embarassed for any Pitt fan who tailgates and has fun with any PSU fan in the lots. When they showed Pitt and PSU fans together in the lots before the last game at Heinze, my stomach turned."

Funny! As you spend time on Lair please keep us posted.

This guy is conceding it's a "non-rivalry". Given that, why are the Pitt folk getting so bent out of shape about it??

I work with two Pitt grads, a WVU grad and a Michigan grad. The WVU grad is pretty cool about all three local schools. The Pitt grads are fine and never inappropriate. The Michigan grad is an arrogant POS that dogs Penn St regularly. That’s the guy I can’t stand!

LOL. Compare their season ticket sales in years with us on the schedule vs. years we are not.

Listen buddy if you think for a minute either school needs the otter you’re as bad as they are. Obviously Penn St doesn’t need Pitt and obviously Pitt doesn’t rely on 20,000 extra fans at one home game every other year. And maybe 1000-2000 extra low end season tix every other year isn’t moving the revenue needle.

I think most on the lair want it over as well.

No, most on the lair say the want it over. But they are simply copying our behavior. They are defined by Penn State, they want' nothing more than to measure their crappy program against ours. With 8 of the last 10, should have been 9/10... it's not going so well for them.

I really think it’s important that we play the second best program in PA. It’s also a program on the rise, and every 2nd or 3rd year gives us a game for alums in a major metropolitan city. This is why I think we should extend the Temple series.

I really think it’s important that we play the second best program in PA. It’s also a program on the rise, and every 2nd or 3rd year gives us a game for alums in a major metropolitan city. This is why I think we should extend the Temple series.
A program on the rise?

Listen buddy if you think for a minute either school needs the otter you’re as bad as they are. Obviously Penn St doesn’t need Pitt and obviously Pitt doesn’t rely on 20,000 extra fans at one home game every other year. And maybe 1000-2000 extra low end season tix every other year isn’t moving the revenue needle.

I guess that is why their AD publicly humiliated herself by lobbying in the papers for the series to continue, working up a contract, sending it over, telling us the clock is ticking. All because they don't need us.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I guess that is why their AD publicly humiliated herself by lobbying in the papers for the series to continue, working up a contract, sending it over, telling us the clock is ticking. All because they don't need us.

giphy.gif

Of course Pitt would want Penn State on the schedule. But your narrative is juvenile. You’re a mod right? You seem kind of young.

It's far from being a done deal but Temple could possibly get an on campus stadium. That's where real college football should be played.

Of course Pitt would want Penn State on the schedule. But your narrative is juvenile. You’re a mod right? You seem kind of young.

I sympathize with Pitt because I am close with two players on their roster. Notice how Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and other old eastern foes (WVU only possible exception at times) have not been remotely relative in football in a long time. Once PSU left their schedules, their decline in football was set. They joined conferences as outsiders and haven't achieved anything in football (exception WVU on occasion) I doubt they minded because of basketball. Every year or every other year one of our old eastern foes has a big upset win, but upsets with no good seasons define down programs. So I believe history disagrees with you. Rutgers and Maryland want to improve in football. They both desperately tried to be PSU's rival during the sanctions. They understood how important PSU is to their sustained future in football. Pitt does to, but is not in the Big Ten. That is why I believe you couldn't be more wrong about Pitt needing this series. I know the players I have contact with would tell you that you are wrong and so would their coaches. None will ever say that publically however.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I sympathize with Pitt because I am close with two players on their roster. Notice how Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and other old eastern foes (WVU only possible exception at times) have not been remotely relative in football in a long time. Once PSU left their schedules, their decline in football was set. They joined conferences as outsiders and haven't achieved anything in football (exception WVU on occasion) I doubt they minded because of basketball. Every year or every other year one of our old eastern foes has a big upset win, but upsets with no good seasons define down programs. So I believe history disagrees with you. Rutgers and Maryland want to improve in football. They both desperately tried to be PSU's rival during the sanctions. They understood how important PSU is to their sustained future in football. Pitt does to, but is not in the Big Ten. That is why I believe you couldn't be more wrong about Pitt needing this series. I know the players I have contact with would tell you that you are wrong and so would their coaches. None will ever say that publically however.

Pitt hasn’t been relavent since the early 1980s for goodness sakes! Same with the other programs. It’s obvious the football landscape is made for the haves and have nots. The two players you claim to know probably would frame their beliefs differently from how you’re representing them but hey maybe not. There are less than 20 programs that eat at the Natty big boy table. Any given year a Central Florida can show up. But at the end of the day Bama beat Georgia and all things college football are how they should be. Penn State sits at that table now. Pitt had a five to ten year run haha. All this other noise is comical.

In fairness, a very large percentage of their research funding is probably related to UPMC, which as a medical center is far far bigger than Hershey.

But yeah, they definitely win the academic crown insofar as we are concerned these days. They've left us in the dust, thanks to our leadership. But I think it is safe to say that at any high level meetings, the quality of our onion dip far surpasses their's. That is one thing that our president does not allow to be compromised.

Pitt hasn’t been relavent since the early 1980s for goodness sakes! Same with the other programs. It’s obvious the football landscape is made for the haves and have nots. The two players you claim to know probably would frame their beliefs differently from how you’re representing them but hey maybe not. There are less than 20 programs that eat at the Natty big boy table. Any given year a Central Florida can show up. But at the end of the day Bama beat Georgia and all things college football are how they should be. Penn State sits at that table now. Pitt had a five to ten year run haha. All this other noise is comical.

We will agree to disagree. Money and recruiting is not noise. Neither is Pitt's desire to play PSU. Remotely relative is not being Bama. Those eastern teams were never NC relative except Pitt for a short time. Remotely relative is being ranked in top 20 on a regular basis. PSU stopped playing Pitt in 92. Up until that point, Pitt was ranked either preseason or during the season in all but two seasons from 1973 to 1991. It took 12 years for Pitt to be ranked again at any time during the season. PSU and Pitt started up again in 1997 for 4 straight years. Shortly thereafter Pitt was ranked again. The only anomaly was 2008 and 2009 when Pitt had a 9 and 10 win season. History disagrees with you.

We will agree to disagree. Money and recruiting is not noise. Neither is Pitt's desire to play PSU. Remotely relative is not being Bama. Those eastern teams were never NC relative except Pitt for a short time. Remotely relative is being ranked in top 20 on a regular basis. PSU stopped playing Pitt in 92. Up until that point, Pitt was ranked either preseason or during the season in all but two seasons from 1973 to 1991. It took 12 years for Pitt to be ranked again at any time during the season. PSU and Pitt started up again in 1997 for 4 straight years. Shortly thereafter Pitt was ranked again. The only anomaly was 2008 and 2009 when Pitt had a 9 and 10 win season. History disagrees with you.

You missed the point and connecting the dots in 1992 to fit your narrative is obviously a stretch. What we agree on is Pitt will not be competing on the same field as Penn State. What we don’t agree on is why. Good day sir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT