ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt’s very sophisticated offense is in full effect again tonight.

Is that what you said - gee, you seem to conveniently forgotten you said ASWP was the better team in post after post. You know, the ASWP team that has managed 6 points in this game. LMAO.
I'm aware. I watched parts of it. It was awful football. Thrilled WVU won. Greene would have turned the ball over as much as Pitt if he played so I'm glad he got hurt.

Regardless, WVU’s qb wasn’t the difference tonight. Pitt’s qb was the difference tonight. Pitt is atrocious.
Oh yeah Pitt's QB is pathetic and Narduzzi should be run out of town if he starts another game. At least go with a kid that might get better. Greene plays though he turns the ball over. WVU is better without him.

Honestly we're you impressed with either team tonight?

You’re glad a college kid got hurt? You might need to step away from the keyboard for awhile.
Why? It helped his team. He's not dying or anything. I care only about what is good for Penn State. The less Greene plays the more likely it is WVU wins.

Oh yeah Pitt's QB is pathetic and Narduzzi should be run out of town if he starts another game. At least go with a kid that might get better. Greene plays though he turns the ball over. WVU is better without him.

Honestly we're you impressed with either team tonight?
No but at least WVU has an identity and try to run behind their interior offensive linemen. I’m not sure what Pitt was trying to do. You seem to be really invested in Pitt.

Reactions: bison13
No but at least WVU has an identity and try to run behind their interior offensive linemen. I’m not sure what Pitt was trying to do. You seem to be really invested in Pitt.
See how is it being invested in Pitt? Pitt did the same thing. It was a horrible pick that set up WVU at the 6. Again, WVU winning was great for Penn State. That's all that matters but trying to pretend this means WVU is even decent is laughable. Pitt might go 2-10 this year which is fine with me.

See how is it being invested in Pitt? Pitt did the same thing. It was a horrible pick that set up WVU at the 6. Again, WVU winning was great for Penn State. That's all that matters but trying to pretend this means WVU is even decent is laughable. Pitt might go 2-10 this year which is fine with me.
Who is pretending WVU is good? I’ve never said that. I don’t see many saying that here. Maybe that’s just in your head? Why would you care if Narduzzi is run out of town or not? I would think a PSU fan would want the Pitt AD to extend him for life. He is zero threat to steal any talent from PSU, and he seems to be a relic in modern college ball.

Who is pretending WVU is good? I’ve never said that. I don’t see many saying that here. Maybe that’s just in your head? Why would you care if Narduzzi is run out of town or not? I would think a PSU fan would want the Pitt AD to extend him for life. He is zero threat to steal any talent from PSU, and he seems to be a relic in modern college ball.
I care if any coach is kept or run out of town because I follow the sport. No coach at Pitt is a threat to Penn State given the conference and resources. The next day I worry about Pitt will be the first in my life. It's odd that you're worried about Pitt challenging us.

I care if any coach is kept or run out of town because I follow the sport. No coach at Pitt is a threat to Penn State given the conference and resources. The next day I worry about Pitt will be the first in my life. It's odd that you're worried about Pitt challenging us.
As I said, I’m not. Narduzzi is their coach. If you followed the sport then I don’t know how you think Pitt had a chance in this game. Their qb had a lower completion percentage than some batting averages in MLB. Mind you that completion percentage was against a Cincinnati team that just lost to a MAC school tonight.

As I said, I’m not. Narduzzi is their coach. If you followed the sport then I don’t know how you think Pitt had a chance in this game. Their qb had a lower completion percentage than some batting averages in MLB. Mind you that completion percentage was against a Cincinnati team that just lost to a MAC school tonight.
Both teams are complete trash. Again, if Greene plays he'd have turned the ball over just like Pitt did. I'm aware how bad both teams are. Are you? WVU wins how many games this year in your mind?

Both teams are complete trash. Again, if Greene plays he'd have turned the ball over just like Pitt did. I'm aware how bad both teams are. Are you? WVU wins how many games this year in your mind?
I could see WVU being 5-7 by the end of the year. The BigXII has some decent teams but they still have Texas Tech, Baylor, and Cincinnati. Again, I don’t feel the need to defend WVU being great because I never said they would be. This seems to exist only in your mind.

You have absolutely no basis to say Greene would’ve turned the ball over as often as the Pitt qb. He put up better numbers against PSU than Pitt’s qb against Cincinnati.

I could see WVU being 5-7 by the end of the year. The BigXII has some decent teams but they still have Texas Tech, Baylor, and Cincinnati. Again, I don’t feel the need to defend WVU being great because I never said they would be.

You have absolutely no basis to say Greene would’ve turned the ball over as often as the Pitt qb. He put up better numbers against PSU than Pitt’s qb against Cincinnati.
If you say, "I don't know how you think Pitt had a chance" in a game WVU was favored by 2.5 and both teams are horrible then you have to explain.

Greene is every bit as bad as Pitts QB. Maybe worse.

If you say, "I don't know how you think Pitt had a chance" in a game WVU was favored by 2.5 and both teams are horrible then you have to explain.

Greene is every bit as bad as Pitts QB. Maybe worse.
Because Pitt’s QB has put up numbers that I would not expect from a QB of a single A football team in PA.

Say what you want, but Greene didn’t throw an interception against PSU. He was 16/27 and 162 yards. He also ran for 71 yards and a TD. Compare that to Pitt’s QB’s performance against a bad Cincinnati team. They aren’t comparable.

Greene didn't turn it over vs PSU nor did he turn it over vs Duquesne. Nor against Pitt in the limited time until he got injured. I think if Greene doesn't get hurt the margin is bigger than 17-6.

This! WVU has a good interior run game. If they can control clock and move the ball they will end up winning more games than they lose.

Reactions: bison13
Because Pitt’s QB has put up numbers that I would not expect from a QB of a single A football team in PA.

Say what you want, but Greene didn’t throw an interception against PSU. He was 16/27 and 162 yards. He also ran for 71 yards and a TD. Compare that to Pitt’s QB’s performance against a bad Cincinnati team. They aren’t comparable.
Triple option QBs put up better numbers.

Reactions: joeaubie21
This ^^^. He left PSU because he didn’t think he’d get playing time. So he went to Pitt (of all places) and is still not playing but riding the bench with this ineffective QB playing in front of him.

It's almost as if Narduzzi is using Veilleux to thumb his nose at Penn State, and in the process is shooting his own team in the foot. (Not a surprise.)

If it were not for Allar I felt Veilleux had the tools to be a starter at PSU. Seemed to show great touch throwing the ball in somewhat limited action. From his bio:

AT PENN STATE (2021-22): In two seasons with the Nittany Lions (2021-22), played in five games, completing 23-of-35 passes (66%) for 282 yards and three touchdowns…posted career bests when he came off the bench against Rutgers in 2021 and passed for 235 yards (completing 15 of 24) with three TDs.

Nardoozi can't not sound stupid.
I’m replying to your post since you brought him up, but this goes for the board as a whole:

Since Penn State fans no longer consider Pitt to be a rival and the series itself is likely over for good, does your disdain for us have to do with Pitt itself or more so with Narduzzi at this point? From the PSU family/buddies I have, it’s more towards the latter.

It's almost as if Narduzzi is using Veilleux to thumb his nose at Penn State, and in the process is shooting his own team in the foot. (Not a surprise.)

If it were not for Allar I felt Veilleux had the tools to be a starter at PSU. Seemed to show great touch throwing the ball in somewhat limited action. From his bio:

AT PENN STATE (2021-22): In two seasons with the Nittany Lions (2021-22), played in five games, completing 23-of-35 passes (66%) for 282 yards and three touchdowns…posted career bests when he came off the bench against Rutgers in 2021 and passed for 235 yards (completing 15 of 24) with three TDs.
I agree. From what we saw of him he’s far better than the level of play Pitt’s getting from their current QB.

Absolutely correct. If he put Christian in in the second half, I think he could’ve led them back to a win, but Pat is so caught up about Penn State that I think he didn’t want to Penn State kid to be their savior.

I’m replying to your post since you brought him up, but this goes for the board as a whole:

Since Penn State fans no longer consider Pitt to be a rival and the series itself is likely over for good, does your disdain for us have to do with Pitt itself or more so with Narduzzi at this point? From the PSU family/buddies I have, it’s more towards the latter.
That’s easy…100% Narduzzi. He can’t stop taking jabs at Franklin/PSU.

Yeah, if your head coach could quit trying to always slip in jabs about Penn State and worry about his own team Maybe they wouldn’t be terrible right now. If he can’t respect why Penn State won’t play them in a game maybe he should just shut up and learn to coach his own team. Karma keeps kicking him in the ass for all of his petty comments

Look at when he put up most of those numbers. Look at their careers. They're very comparable. You're literally using 1 game for each of them. Both have played much more football than that.

Greene didn't turn it over vs PSU nor did he turn it over vs Duquesne. Nor against Pitt in the limited time until he got injured. I think if Greene doesn't get hurt the margin is bigger than 17-6.
The two passes against Pitt that weren't catchable? Look at Greene's career please. Greene getting hurt is the best thing that happened to WVU. It forced an AWFUL HC an horrible OC to sick to the ground game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT