ADVERTISEMENT

Pitiots Still Obsessed With THON.

The University of Pittsburgh has a great reputation as a place of education, my son almost went there for their pharmacy program. It's a shame their athletic fans and supporters have the intelligence and brain size of a pea. They long for the mediocrity Penn State takes for granted.

The University of Pittsburgh has a great reputation as a place of education, my son almost went there for their pharmacy program. It's a shame their athletic fans and supporters have the intelligence and brain size of a pea. They long for the mediocrity Penn State takes for granted.
Their medicine programs are obviously much better than PSU's, but I've yet to meet one of their vile fans who has any connection to the medical school. Every shit talking Pitt grad I know was a comm major.

Reactions: joeaubie21
The only thing they collect in Joakland is Man-ure from the sidewalks, door ways, and alcoves left by the tramps. Homeless and idiots relieving themselves.

I remember those idiots posting that they hoped Jesse James would blow out his knee in a career ending injury even though he played for the Steelers at the time and they were Steelers fans just because he went to PSU so hating on kids with who raise money for kids with Cancer is right in their twisted wheelhouse.

What's crazy is that the article that they are citing from Trib Live isn't even an expose. It basically says "they are working to increase transparency" but there is no evidence of any wrongdoing or misappropriation of funds. Just ridiculous to try to shoot down something as good as THON.

Honestly the University and Four Diamonds could do a far better job of being transparent about precisely where the $ actually goes.

That's fine, but that doesn't meant there is anything not above board. The Pitt board implies that spending money on cancer research (rather than on patient families) is somehow a bad thing (I'd actually rather see more go to research, but that's another topic).

What's crazy is that the article that they are citing from Trib Live isn't even an expose. It basically says "they are working to increase transparency" but there is no evidence of any wrongdoing or misappropriation of funds. Just ridiculous to try to shoot down something as good as THON.
Well it's difficult to determine whether there is any wrongdoing in that specific area when the University basically says "Our overall audit is good, so nothing to see here!". I think this is just a weird battle to pick, and there are lots of charities where there are at least rumblings of high salaries and wasteful spending, so they should just go above and beyond to eliminate any criticism.

Well it's difficult to determine whether there is any wrongdoing in that specific area when the University basically says "Our overall audit is good, so nothing to see here!". I think this is just a weird battle to pick, and there are lots of charities where there are at least rumblings of high salaries and wasteful spending, so they should just go above and beyond to eliminate any criticism.
When there is no evidence that there is any wrongdoing, there is no reason to think there is wrongdoing.

It's like saying, "The police don't have a minute by minute accounting of your daily activities so you might be running a meth lab" when they have no evidence that you are running a meth lab.

So while I agree that more transparency would be great, it's a super weird fight to pick, in the absence of any other evidence.

They absolutely need to be more transparent. Don’t give me this ‘we are trying’ 💩 It’s not at all difficult.

There are dozens if not hundreds of examples of crooked charities or people within charities pilfering funds. Let the sunlight in.

Reactions: JimNazium
They absolutely need to be more transparent. Don’t give me this ‘we are trying’ 💩 It’s not at all difficult.

There are dozens if not hundreds of examples of crooked charities or people within charities pilfering funds. Let the sunlight in.

Trouble is, PiT deals in the area where the sun doesn't shine.

I remember those idiots posting that they hoped Jesse James would blow out his knee in a career ending injury even though he played for the Steelers at the time and they were Steelers fans just because he went to PSU so hating on kids with who raise money for kids with Cancer is right in their twisted wheelhouse.
I remember when a Pitt TE signed as a free agent by the Steelers (Ondorf) the same year that they drafted Jesse James. The Pittsters claimed Ondorf would "eat Jesse's lunch".

Today Jesse has had a nice career. Ondorf was promoted to Fries at McDonalds recently,😂

Honestly the University and Four Diamonds could do a far better job of being transparent about precisely where the $ actually goes.

Spotlight PA is garbage. Check out their Penn State page. All innuendo and negativity. Not single positive story. They apparently have a full time reporter who does nothing but dig for dirt on Penn State. I can't imagine that any other state's flagship university is treated nearly as badly as PSU - by national and local media. The spotlight page asks for donations. I'm guessing they're not getting much and will be out of business soon.

That's fine, but that doesn't meant there is anything not above board. The Pitt board implies that spending money on cancer research (rather than on patient families) is somehow a bad thing (I'd actually rather see more go to research, but that's another topic).
This needs some clarification. Every PA resident patient under the age of 18 who comes to Hershey for cancer treatment receives that treatment for FREE. Every one of them, so much so that the patients and their families don't even receive a bill meaning they don't see bill. All costs are covered including travel, stay, meals, etc in addition to patient care.

The staff receives approximately 9% of the proceeds. The primary responsibility of the staff is to get insurance to cover patient care, which is often rejected by insurance companies, and to find both public grants and private foundations to cover costs. They are very good at their jobs and hence their is often a low percentage of Thon money required for direct patient care. The balance of money goes to research and to build the endowment, which is what will ultimately keep the process going in perpetuity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT