ADVERTISEMENT

Picture of PSU dust-up during practice?

TheGLOV

Gold Member
Was this ever posted and discussed?

safe_image.php

OMG... 2 football players got angry with each other during training camp and got into a little fight... STOP the presses. These guys should be kicked off the team FOREVER. Franklin should be fired because he obviously has no control over the team. And the NCAA should step in and hit the program with extreme sanctions because it is obviously lacking any sort f institutional control.

What's with the snark from Snyder? 'To the surprise of no one?' - jeez. Clifford is lucky Thorpe didn't decide to throw a punch - that said, I like when guys are fired up. Good for Clifford - needs to remember his weight class though (and that Thorpe is a guy who holds a key to his health).

EDIT: It's not Clifford; likely Windsor.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the snark from Snyder? 'To the surprise of no one?' - jeez. Clifford is lucky Thorpe didn't decide to throw a punch - that said, I like when guys are fired up. Good for Clifford - needs to remember his weight class though (and that Thorpe is a guy who holds a key to his health).
We can use some fire on both sides of the ball.

Look more closely ... that is NOT Clifford. The dude in the pic is much thicker and is wearing the heavy duty leg braces typically worn by lineman.

Look more closely ... that is NOT Clifford. The dude in the pic is much thicker and is wearing the heavy duty leg braces typically worn by lineman.

Nice catch. Also, would Clifford be wearing a glove on his throwing hand?? Maybe he has in the past and I haven't noticed. I'd agree it's likely Windsor. The number on the front of the jersey certainly isn't a "1".

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
Looks Like Clifford and Simmons with Gonzo and coach's coming into break it up, just a guess

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Obviously a disagreement over the relative healthiness of the training table’s various potato choices prior to Sat’s game.

IF (it's not) But IF that were Clifford, he'd be the World's All-Time Dumbest QB ........ Any QB who would fight with his OL -- the guys protecting him -- would have to be really stupid. Typically QBs are buying their OL free diners...... not throwing hay-makers at them.

I hope not. Why would your OG be smashing your QB. Our OL might be shaky but hopefully not that shaky.;);)

To my eye, Clifford looks to be the one on the left, seemingly irrelevant if we are to read anything into this picture. The white kid being restrained looks like he also has a #4 on the back of his jersey, which could be the second digit. But he does not look big enough to be a lineman, much less a DT. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Windsor lost his cool.

Count me within the minority that doesn't think it is good to "play with emotion." I want a team that plays smart, a team that uses their intellect to play as hard as they can but in a controlled fashion. I'll take the kid that knows how to take the right angle and wraps up over the kid that runs and hits recklessly -- a penalty machine.

I thought I read the other day where Parson's, KJ, and a couple others ask CJF to let the boys spice it up a little at practice.

The two blue jerseys are #74 (Gonzalez) and #94 (Calcagno). Look closely at front and back of each jersey and then compare jersey numbers ending in 4 with the roster. There aren't many other possibilities. Definitely not Clifford. Possibly not Windsor.

Last edited:
The two blue jerseys are #74 (Gonzalez) and #94 (Calcagno). Look closely at front and back of each jersey and then compare jersey numbers ending in 4 with the roster. There aren't many other possibilities. Definitely not Clifford. Possibly not Windsor.

So that is a 279 pound kid being restrained? I can buy that the one on the left is Gonzalez. Hard to tell size when part of the person is blocked out. Not sure about #94 though.

This is why they shouldn't let reporters at practice. I am guessing that is why Audrey Snyder was there? Lets make something out of nothing and create a story. Who cares who it is, football is an emotional sport, if you don't have some balls and a fire in you to hit someone then you shouldn't be playing. These guys are competing for playing time and I am sure emotions are running high at this point because they have been practicing against each other for weeks and need to hit an opponent.

Caption: "Dog pile on the wabbit!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT