ADVERTISEMENT

Photos of campus from 1984 (link)

I was a student at that time as well. Thoughts...
  • The view down South Allen St. hasn't changed much. I'd be great if the high rise buildings stayed away.
  • The hair cuts? Ugh.
  • Now I'll have nightmares about sitting on the steps of the IM building waiting to register.
  • Standing in line to buy books sucked.
  • I'm jealous of today's students who can register AND buy books online.
  • Mid-State Bank? When I first arrived on campus I opened a checking account there. The bank hasn't crossed my mind since I graduated. I wonder what it morphed into after all the mergers and acquisitions which have taken place since then. Or maybe it's still around. I have no idea.

Reactions: BBrown and Bloomnit
Roy Rogers --- IIRC they had free refills on drinks so students would take cups home and bring them back the next day for free soda. Also had a free fixin's bar where you could load up on tomatoes, pickles, and the like. Great for the budget conscious student, maybe not so great for Roy's bottom line

Reactions: BBrown and PSU Dave
Roy Rogers --- IIRC they had free refills on drinks so students would take cups home and bring them back the next day for free soda. Also had a free fixin's bar where you could load up on tomatoes, pickles, and the like. Great for the budget conscious student, maybe not so great for Roy's bottom line

I uswd to go to Roy’s to study and to the library to eat and drink.

• Mid-State Bank? When I first arrived on campus I opened a checking account there. The bank hasn't crossed my mind since I graduated. I wonder what it morphed into after all the mergers and acquisitions which have taken place since then. Or maybe it's still around. I have no idea.

They got bought by another bank in the early 90's, and then that bank got bought by M&T bank in the late 90's. My first savings account as a kid was at Mid-State Bank.

One of my main stays, as well as the 5 burgers for 99 cents at the Hardys on North Atherton.

Reactions: Keyser Soze 16801
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT