ADVERTISEMENT

"Philly is the favorite in the NFC East" - Michael Irvin.....

Seems crazy to think the eagles will be better than the giants and cowboys with bradford at the helm throwing to....

This also puts a lot on Kiko.

Irvin is just sticking up for demarco Murray, anyone who thinks philly is the favorite in the nfc east with the Cowboys o line is delusional

Reactions: BBrown
Irvin is just sticking up for demarco Murray, anyone who thinks philly is the favorite in the nfc east with the Cowboys o line is delusional
number me among the delusional. Cowboys way over rated, first year Tony didn't show his real stripes. Eagles kicked their ass in the first game, came back to take a lead in the second, and should have won that. Cant put the ball on the ground.

Eagles have an entirely new offense, injury prone qb and rb and an unproven defense. Literally every facet of the Cowboys got better with the exception of rb. But the truth is Emmitt Smith could come out of retirement and still run for 1000 yes behind that line. I actually predict philly to finish 3rd in the division this year behind Dallas and New York

There are way too many question marks and unknowns to reasonably predict the NFC East this year. For the Eagles, obviously whether Bradford can stay healthy is the biggest unknown, and that is going to have Eagles fans holding their breath every single play all season long. For the Cowboys, their QB is equally questionable and Romo's back could go out at any given time. At this point last season was the exception for the Cowboys and Romo. I also think it's naive to think losing Murray won't affect the Cowboys at all.

Eagles have an entirely new offense, injury prone qb and rb and an unproven defense. Literally every facet of the Cowboys got better with the exception of rb. But the truth is Emmitt Smith could come out of retirement and still run for 1000 yes behind that line. I actually predict philly to finish 3rd in the division this year behind Dallas and New York
A better defense and more ball control offense and I think the Eagles certainly are in the conversation with Dallas. Dallas escaped major injuries causing missed games last year and that was not the Eagles fate, so many things will determine who contends.

There are way too many question marks and unknowns to reasonably predict the NFC East this year. For the Eagles, obviously whether Bradford can stay healthy is the biggest unknown, and that is going to have Eagles fans holding their breath every single play all season long. For the Cowboys, their QB is equally questionable and Romo's back could go out at any given time. At this point last season was the exception for the Cowboys and Romo. I also think it's naive to think losing Murray won't affect the Cowboys at all.

Not saying losing Murray isn't a loss but I don't think it's nearly the loss people are building it up to be. When you have a great o line, it makes the whole team better and last year the cowboys had the best o line in the league... then they go out and STEAL La'el Collins, Come'on man, that o line isn't even fair. Also don't forget about Joseph Randel the underwear model, guy avg'd 6.7 ypc last year and is a good young rb.

We don't know if the eagles defense is going to be better next year, they brought in a bunch of guys with potential but you can't expect quite literally an entirely different offense to come in and gel right away. Plus even if he stays healthy it's not like Sam Bradford is this stud qb. Had he not been a former #1 overall pick, no one would be happy with the move, he just has the luster of being a former #1 overall pick. To put it in perspective, his best year came in 2012 when he passed for 3700 yds, had 21 td's and 13 ints. Last year Tony Romo had 3700 yds passing but had 34 td's and only 9 picks, that was just last year!

Everyone thought Dallas was gonna suck last year (including your's truly) because they were supposed to have the worst defense in nfl history, not only did that not happen but this year they lost no key players from last years d, get sean lee back from injury, sign greg hardy, then proceed to draft both Byron Jones and Randy Gregory, come'on man, it's not fair. Not to mention that a certain tom brady is suspended against the cowboys this year. We haven't even mentioned the disaster that is the eagles wr corps. you can't expect a rookie to replace Maclin next year, it's not gonna happen.

New York's WR's are too good as well and I'm sorry but Byron Maxwell doesn't have the cover skills to match up against Odell Beckham and Dez Bryant and the eagles safety's were a complete disaster last year. Final standings for the NFC East:

Dallas 12-4
Giants 8-8
Eagles 6-10
Redskins 3-13

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT