ADVERTISEMENT

Football Phil Jurkovec benched at Pittsburgh, former Nittany Lion Christian Veilleux expected to start against Boston College

That makes as much sense as leaving him in at QB until now. Nothing like learning a new position half way through the season.
Halfway throught his 6th college season after playing QB likely since he was 8 years old....

Duzzy must have told him that in spite of what he told Jurkovec when they agreed to his transfer to pitt that Pitt was at this point going to play the younger QB's on the roster in order to try and pull out a few games this season and to get the younger QB's ready to compete to play in 2024. But that might make too much sense for it to have been thought through by Duzzy........ So only way to see the field in his last few games of football is to play special teams and give another position a try.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Going to be interesting to see if the board roots for Pitt now to say a Penn Stater lead them to victory lol
Veilleux who? Why in the hell would I give two woops about any one that decides to leave PSU? Piss on the kumbaya feel good bleeding hearts. It's freaking football. You are either with us or you are against us. I couldn't care less if a transfer does well or not when they leave.

Halfway throught his 6th college season after playing QB likely since he was 8 years old....

Duzzy must have told him that in spite of what he told Jurkovec when they agreed to his transfer to pitt that Pitt was at this point going to play the younger QB's on the roster in order to try and pull out a few games this season and to get the younger QB's ready to compete to play in 2024. But that might make too much sense for it to have been thought through by Duzzy........ So only way to see the field in his last few games of football is to play special teams and give another position a try.
Probably told him the only shot he at the NFL is TE. He is a tall strong kid. But I doubt he has the speed.

Veilleux who? Why in the hell would I give two woops about any one that decides to leave PSU? Piss on the kumbaya feel good bleeding hearts. It's freaking football. You are either with us or you are against us. I couldn't care less if a transfer does well or not when they leave.
Yes this is proof you don't care about the players...
The kid did everything asked of him while he was here and moved on because he was never going to play here. He'd be our 3rd QB. Thinking he should stay just proves you're a tool.

Kumbaya.... LOL!!!!!

That makes as much sense as leaving him in at QB until now. Nothing like learning a new position half way through the season.
What's the other option at this point? Not the first time we've seen a team do that with a QB at this stage of the season. Doubt it's successful but it can't hurt anything. They're clearly not going to play him at QB.

Probably told him the only shot he at the NFL is TE. He is a tall strong kid. But I doubt he has the speed.
Apparently Phil requested the switch- probably for that reason. The former Va Tech qb Logan Thomas is playing for the Commanders so maybe he inspired the transition omce Phil realized he was not going to be Kenny Pickett.

The ND blog Irish Eyes had a story that popped up on my feed claiming the player, not coach, initiated move. Doesn't really matter to me but surprising.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Exactly…and not only does he leave PSU, he goes to Pitt. If Pitt was playing the Taliban, I’d cheer for the Taliban.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT