ADVERTISEMENT

Phil davis is on now on spike

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Touching gloves....sorry got home late from capt America

Not much in the way of big action. Phil w a dozen or so kicks some measured punches. Nothing on the mat at all.

Through two. Phil got taken down but up and out without danger. Other than that more of the same. Kicks and jab but not enough.

I think he is losing this so far as he has no power scoring

Phil landed a punch took him to the mat and should have had too submissions but mo got out amazingly......well go to the cards

Phil wins in unanimous decision. 30-27 by 2 judges and 29-28 on another.

Suprised me w the 2 30-27.....

Phil is now the Bellator no 1 contender for the light hwy title
I had it 29-28 for Lawal, but I could see it 29-28 for Phil if you gave him the 2nd. No way in hell it should've been 30-27, but I won't complain too much. Phil still has the same issues he's had for years, not natural at all when it comes to striking. Really robotic and struggles to let his hands go, keeping him from getting to that next level right now

I had it 29-28 for Lawal, but I could see it 29-28 for Phil if you gave him the 2nd. No way in hell it should've been 30-27, but I won't complain too much. Phil still has the same issues he's had for years, not natural at all when it comes to striking. Really robotic and struggles to let his hands go, keeping him from getting to that next level right now

I have only watched a handful of MMA fights, mostly Phil's fights. The announcers agreed with you but it seemed odd to me that they focused entirely on saying Lawal landed more and better punches and ignored the kicks pretty much entirely. Phil landed quite a few kicks, some of them quite solid, whereas I don't think Lawal even attempted a kick in the entire fight. In MMA fights are punches considered more important than kicks when it comes to scoring?

I have only watched a handful of MMA fights, mostly Phil's fights. The announcers agreed with you but it seemed odd to me that they focused entirely on saying Lawal landed more and better punches and ignored the kicks pretty much entirely. Phil landed quite a few kicks, some of them quite solid, whereas I don't think Lawal even attempted a kick in the entire fight. In MMA fights are punches considered more important than kicks when it comes to scoring?
There's a difference between what's deemed a strike and a "significant strike" but I couldn't give you details. I did, however, notice that Lawal was "checking" a lot of Davis' leg kicks, or lifting his leg so that the kicks did not land cleanly and thus softening the blow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT