ADVERTISEMENT

Perfunctory Will Levis update............

Nice to see, he was always a good soldier, but not better than clifford. This season would look way different if he stuck around, but can't blame him for leaving.

Disagree on that "not better than Clifford"

If he would have gotten the same chances, he would have proven to be better than Clifford.

If he had stayed at PSU and got the nod over Clifford, he wouldn’t have had near the success that he had this season at Kentucky.
No way to know that. He was here under the old offense which didn’t fit his type of play. He is a good straight ahead, power runner but not a quick footed QB the old system required. We do less of the read run and RPO stuff and more called plays that would have fit his style.

And at KU he really doesn’t pass a lot as they are more of a ground team. He often has between15-25 attempts per game so we do know if he could carry a team all season.

But watching his games the announcers are always talk about how quick his release is as well as his power running. He usually gets good time to throw so how he would do with our o line would also be a huge question. He looks confident and in charge, strong arm, pretty accurate, sees the whole field.

If he sticks around another year, it will be interstellar to see how he develops. Another year and he could be really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
No way to know that. He was here under the old offense which did fit hiss type at all. He is a good, start n’t ahead, power runner but not a quick footed QB the old system required. We do less of the read run and RPO stuff and more called plays that would have fit his style.

And at KU he really doesn’t pass a lot as they are more of a ground team. He often has between15-25 attempts per game so we do know if he could carry a team all season.

But watching his games the announcers are always talk about how quick his release is as well as his power running. He usually gets good time to throw so how he would do with our o line would also be a huge question. He looks confident and in charge, strong arm, pretty accurate, sees the whole field.

If he sticks around another year, it will be interstellar to see how he develops. Another year and he could be really good.
Here’s a funny one …..

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister

Big contributions by his feet and arm helped the Wildcats’ junior quarterback outgain Louisville by himself (195-144) by halftime. With huge holes on draw plays, Levis rushed for TDs of 29 and 7 yards on their first two possessions, then followed Matt Ruffolo’s 43-yard field goal with a 5-yard score with 1:53 remaining in the second quarter.

Please note the "huge holes". Clifford and our RBs would look great with "huge holes".

Nice to see, he was always a good soldier, but not better than clifford. This season would look way different if he stuck around, but can't blame him for leaving.

He would have gotten us a LOT of short yardage first downs that Clifford and our dancing, slow as molasses RBs couldn’t.

Clifford’s “mobility” never scared anyone, and after he was injured, our offense sucked. Levis would have given us a chance at the CFP.

Four of our losses were by a TOTAL of 12 points, and we only lost to Ohio State by 9. Levis would have gotten us many key short yardage first downs in those games that Clifford and our stable of rented dancing mules couldn’t.

He would have gotten us a LOT of short yardage first downs that Clifford and our dancing, slow as molasses RBs couldn’t.

Clifford’s “mobility” never scared anyone, and after he was injured, our offense sucked. Levis would have given us a chance at the CFP.

Four of our losses were by a TOTAL of 12 points, and we only lost to Ohio State by 9. Levis would have gotten us many key short yardage first downs in those games that Clifford and our stable of rented dancing mules couldn’t.
Disagree. Prior to injury, Clifford was a very effective runner when plays broke down. Just not a McSorley type runner who ran by design.

• Sad
Some things never change. It’s always the player that’s not playing that’s the best. He was never better then Clifford at penn state or at Kentucky. He was beat out. He wasn’t going to be a backup so he left. Penn State issue is 100% oline. If they were average the team would be at worse 1 loss with Clifford.

Disagree on that "not better than Clifford"

If he would have gotten the same chances, he would have proven to be better than Clifford.
How do you know that he didn’t get the same chances? Did you attend practice on a regular basis? Without a crystal ball, practice is all that the coaches have to make a decision.

Reactions: JTLion
Because he DIDN'T get the same in-game chances.

Oh please.

Next!

:)
Based on your answer, I’ll go ahead and take it that you didn’t attend practice.
You probably thought that Tommy Stevens was better than McSorley too, based on tarot cards or a ouija board or whatever the hell know nothing couch coaches use to make their proclamations.

I think we would have beat Illinois if Roberson started at QB. At least he could run.
I think we would have won if Christian V would have played against Michigan State. The offense was so much different when he entered the game against Rutgers. It was almost like they preferred him playing versus Clifford. He would have gave the MSU defense a lot more to handle. But I knew if Clifford had his health he would be playing.

I think we would have won if Christian V would have played against Michigan State. The offense was so much different when he entered the game against Rutgers. It was almost like they preferred him playing versus Clifford. He would have gave the MSU defense a lot more to handle. But I knew if Clifford had his health he would be playing.
Stay off the weed.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGLOV and PSUoh90
Hard to predict what would have happened. But he should have went in in the second half for at a couple possessions just to see if Sparty could have adjusted their D to his style of play. Now we will never know.

Do teams still have an 85 scholarship limit if kids decide to take a Covid year?
IIRC this past week, Franklin mentioned meeting with the PSU ( scholarship compliance officer ?) and said it’s all still confusing and not ironed out .

We will never know why coaches make the “wrong” decisions and play the “wrong” players.
Bias, perspective, philosophical errors all compete for # 1 in that race!

Based on your answer, I’ll go ahead and take it that you didn’t attend practice.
You probably thought that Tommy Stevens was better than McSorley too, based on tarot cards or a ouija board or whatever the hell know nothing couch coaches use to make their proclamations.

Even if you attended practice, please advise all of us your valuable input to the staff that they later implemented.

Last edited:
Even if you attended practice, please advise all of us your valuable input to the staff they they later implemented.
I didn’t attend practice, and neither did you. That’s the point. Of course, we all know the coaching staff secretly plays the worst players so they will lose and risk being fired, right? It’s obvious that Mason Stahl is the best QB on the team, but the coaches are biased against him.

• Sad
Levis has a bit of Josh Allen in him , happy for his success

Speaking of Allen , Drew Allar is supposed to be a Josh Allen kind of QB, I really can’t wait to watch him play for us . Probably the most excited I’ve ever been for a recruit

Reactions: Doug456 and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT